By Andy Felong
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MathTerms is an illustrated glossary of mathematics terms in English and Spanish. The app includes almost 1,000 entries for middle- and high-school mathematical concepts. Millions of students have had access to this glossary, and its colorful, annotated illustrations, for over the past five years. It is now available as an iPad application with permission of The Charles A. Dana Center at the University of Texas at Austin and Agile Mind, Inc.
* Free with NO advertising
* Almost 1,000 entries about Middle School Math, Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Precalculus, Calculus and Statistics
* Colorful, annotated illustrations
* Complete sentence-based definitions in English and Spanish
* Toggle display of English and Spanish terms
* Alphabetical indexes
* Search function in English and Spanish
* Toggle display of Spanish definition -- enabling "Flash card" function
* No internet connection required for use
Great teaching/learning tool!!!
I teach in an heavily populated low performance urban high school and will be seeing my ELL students as well as reg. Ed students benefit from the use of this GREAT app in understanding their math terms.
Request to Andy: can we please have a share page with other apps? Such as to print, and evernote invisible? ( a new ipad2 app that allows students to create flip book for vocabulary building)
Useful and Quality Content
This app provides useful and quality mathematics content. The app is an excellent resource for quick access to mathematics terms.
Overall Impressions: Appealing and Highly Recommended
Great for homework
I don't know where my grade would be without this app! If you take any math course this is a must get! Happy there is Spanish too.