With millions of users and billions of problems solved, Mathway is the world's #1 math problem solver. From basic algebra to complex calculus, Mathway instantly solves your most difficult math problems - simply type your problem in (or point your camera and snap a pic!) to receive instant free answers. Need detailed step-by-step solutions? Mathway is like a private tutor in the palm of your hand, providing instant homework help anywhere, anytime.
Mathway covers all levels of math, including:
• Basic Math/Pre-Algebra (arithmetic, integers, fractions, decimal numbers, roots, factors, and more...)
• Algebra (linear equations/inequalities, quadratic equations/inequalities, absolute equations/inequalities, systems of equations, logarithms, functions, matrices, graphing, and more...)
• Trigonometry/Precalculus (trigonometric functions, identities, conic sections, vectors, matrices, complex numbers, sequences and series, and more...)
• Calculus (limits, derivatives, integrals, and more...)
• Statistics (probability, permutations, combinations, and more...)
Got a math problem? Just ask Mathway.
"Easy to use and efficient, Mathway appeals to anyone who needs help solving mathematical problems, whether we're talking about high-school students or undergraduates." - Yahoo! News
"If you've got some math problems that need solving, check out Mathway. This tool will show you how it reached its answer, letting you learn from the process." - CNET
"Mathway is an irreplaceable tool when it comes to problem solving. The app helps you do your maths homework. Not only does it do your assignment for you, it teaches you how to do it right. All you have to do is put the equation in and press the Enter button." - Lifehack
Mathway provides answers to your problems completely free of charge. For step-by-step solutions, an optional monthly or annual subscription is available. In addition, Mathway offers an optional live tutoring subscription upgrade that provides access to a live tutor anytime you need additional help. If a premium subscription option is selected:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same monthly or annual rate selected at the beginning of the subscription
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Bug fixes
- Solver improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Not very good! Need to fix it up a bit!
My experience with it was very bad as I didn’t pay money for it. I tried to take a picture of my question so they could explain it to me. First of all, I took a picture of the question but it kept saying it doesn’t understand it. Even when I kept trying and it worked a couple of times, it never sent and put some random fraction which I knew for sure was the wrong answer. For premium it might have been better, but for not paying any money, it was a flop. Sometimes it kept freezing up and that was hard to work with. I had the answers to my question, but only the answer but I kept getting the wrong answer and I thought I was doing it right, but I downloaded this so I could see the explanation, but that was for premium only, and I didn’t want to spend my money on it and I’m glad I didn’t. Please make it better for people who didn’t get the premium version!
Very Helpful but Sometimes the Steps get Confusing
I love this app it helps me solve the equation by telling me the answer. I did of course get stuck on some problems and did not know how to solve some of them so I payed the for monthly fee. It was good at first but then it was confusing on how they told me to do each step. I clicked on “show more”, but they would even skip some steps in there. I was confused on how they got from one point to the other. Maybe if they had arrows point to the new solution instructing us, so that it would be easier to understand. Other than that is really good.
If you are just looking for the awnser to calculus problems this is the app for you.
If they were to be more specific on their explaining process I would give them five stars.
Excellent for understanding breakdowns of problems.
Greatest 10$ a month I’ve ever spent. I needed a tutor to help me study for the ASVAB which one section involves Algebra & Geometry to get into the military which are my weak points in Math. I specifically needed someone who could break down Algebra steps for me in simpler terms than just giving me just answers. Being a dyslexic who’s a slow learner, I need step by step solutions to HOW the problem is solved so I can understand how to solve the equation such as (Solve for X & Y) type of problems or questions involving PEMDAS. It’s like having my own tutor but working around my time and my pace. Well done!!!
- Mathway, LLC
- 103.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Mathway
- In-App Purchases
- Steps (Monthly) $19.99
- Steps (Monthly) $9.99
- Steps (Annual) $79.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.