Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: To use MATLAB® Mobile™, you will need a MATLAB® license that is current on MathWorks Software Maintenance Service.
Connect to MATLAB remotely from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
MATLAB Mobile is a lightweight desktop on your iOS device that connects to a MATLAB session running on the MathWorks Cloud or on your computer. From the convenience of your iOS device, you can run scripts, create figures, and view results.
MATLAB Mobile Features
• Command-line access to MATLAB
• Access to your MATLAB workspace
• Ability to view MATLAB figures on your iOS device
• Record of commands typed on the iOS device in your command history
• Custom keyboard to enter typical MATLAB syntax
• Autocomplete text typed in the command window
• MathWorks Cloud connectivity and storage
• Windows®, Mac, and Linux® connectivity
MATLAB Mobile does not support:
• MATLAB apps, such as Curve Fitting or Signal Analysis
• Creating graphical user interfaces using GUIDE
• MATLAB Editor
• Simulink® graphical environment, but the "sim" command is supported at the MATLAB Mobile command line
• Interaction with 3D figures
MATLAB is the leading technical computing software for algorithm development, data visualization, data analysis, and numeric computation. MATLAB is used in a wide range of applications, including signal and image processing, communications, control design, test and measurement, financial modeling and analysis, and computational biology.
• One of the following MATLAB licenses:
- Professional or academic license for R2012a or later. Note: License should be current on MathWorks Software Maintenance Service.
- MATLAB Student or MATLAB and Simulink Student Suite R2014a or later.
- MATLAB and Simulink Student Version R2012a or later
- MATLAB Home
• MATLAB® Connector™ installed on the same computer as MATLAB
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
• iOS 7.0 or later
When connecting to your computer, MATLAB Mobile and the MATLAB Connector are intended for use behind a firewall on a private network. Virtual private network (VPN) use is recommended when used over the public Internet or via 3G/4G.
What's New in Version 4.0
- UI redesign for iOS 7
Lacking keyboard support
The app is great except when using my Apple Bluetooth keyboard with my iPad the command line is hidden by the added number row. I do not need this number row when using a keyboard. Also, the up and down arrows on the keyboard do not cycle the command history as it does on a PC. I have suggested this to MathWorks before, but I don't think they took it as a development suggestion.
I wonder if their developers are even testing with a Bluetooth keyboard.
Impossible to edit programs
After installing this, which is quite complicated, I realized that it is impossible to edit .m files in the app. Anyone who uses Matlab at anything but the very most basic level will at least write scripts. Without this ability, this app is essentially useless.
My recommendation is to instead get a remote access app on the iPad, and then run Matlab remotely on a PC.
Cool but needs PC
It's cool how you can use MatLab on your iDevice, but it requires a connection between the iDevice and the computer. Actively. Might as well just have the computer with you, unless you're running some scripts from away.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jun 25, 2014
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 11.9 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: The MathWorks, Inc.
- © 2013 The MathWorks, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.