Connect to MATLAB® from your iPhone or iPad.
Evaluate MATLAB commands, create and edit files, view results, acquire data from sensors, and visualize data – from the convenience of your mobile device.
CONNECT TO THE CLOUD
Use your MathWorks Account to connect to MathWorks Cloud from MATLAB Mobile™. Associating your MathWorks Account to a license that is current on MathWorks Software Maintenance Service increases your storage quota and unlocks the ability to acquire data from device sensors.
With your MathWorks Account, you receive:
• Access to MATLAB from the command-line
• The ability to view, run, edit and create files from the Editor
• 250 MB of cloud storage on MATLAB Drive
Associate your MathWorks Account to a valid license current on MathWorks Software Maintenance Service to unlock the following features:
• Access to other add-on products on your license
• The ability to acquire data from device sensors
• 5 GB of cloud storage on MATLAB Drive
CONNECT TO YOUR COMPUTER
Connect to a MATLAB session on your work or home computer, and access your scripts, files, data, and add-on products on that computer. When connecting to your computer, MATLAB Mobile is intended for use behind a firewall on a private network. Virtual private network (VPN) use is recommended when used over the public Internet or via 3G/4G.
• Command-line access to MATLAB and add-on products
• 2D and 3D plots to visualize data
• Editor to view, run, edit and create MATLAB files
• Data acquisition from device sensors
• Cloud storage and synchronization with MATLAB Drive
• Custom keyboards to enter typical MATLAB syntax
The following features are not supported:
• Viewing, editing or evaluating live scripts with the Live Editor
• Using MATLAB Apps, such as Curve Fitting
• Creating apps with App Designer
• Interacting with 3D figures
• Opening or creating models using the Simulink graphical environment
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
MATLAB is the leading technical computing software for algorithm development, data visualization, data analysis, and numeric computation. MATLAB is used in a wide range of applications, including signal and image processing, communications, control design, test and measurement, financial modeling and analysis, and computational biology.
- Upload images to MATLAB Drive via the Share button (from the Photos app, Safari etc.)
- Support for iOS 12
- App content localized to simplified Chinese
Ratings and Reviews
Missing so many features
The iPads hardware continues to match forward and Mathworks isn’t taking advantage of that. An app such as Pythonista gives a first class Python IDE taking advantage of local file providers (to use working copy for git). And it’s completely developed by one person. Super disappointing considering it basically hasn’t improved to even do basic file operations (import from other apps, let alone external file provider support). Given all of the made per matlab license I would think even a simplified version of full matlab would be possible.
If you’re looking for a viewer for your files already in the mathworks cloud this is fine. For real development work especially using git version control, this is a joke. If you have a choice in the matter learn Python get Pythonista and leave mathworks proprietary stuff behind.
Good functionality needs optimization
Works well replicated MATLAB command line good enough just needs a better iPad Pro 12.9 optimization and iPhone X support!!
Using this on iOS 12 on the 12.9” iPad is a joke. It constant crashes. It’s in a painful low resolution. Definitely expected more from Mathworks, couldn’t be more disappointed.
Hello, we're sorry that you're running into these issues. It would be helpful to know more about the crash to help resolve this. If you could reach out to us (firstname.lastname@example.org), we're happy to investigate this further.
- The MathWorks, Inc.
- 36.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 The MathWorks, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.