Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: To use MATLAB® Mobile™, you will need a MATLAB® license that is current on MathWorks Software Maintenance Service.
Connect to MATLAB remotely from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
MATLAB Mobile is a lightweight desktop on your iOS device that connects to a MATLAB session running on the MathWorks Cloud or on your computer. From the convenience of your iOS device, you can run scripts, create figures, and view results.
MATLAB Mobile Features
• Command-line access to MATLAB
• Access to your MATLAB workspace
• Ability to view MATLAB figures
• Record of commands typed on your device in your command history
• Custom keyboard to enter typical MATLAB syntax
• Autocomplete for text typed in the command window
• MathWorks Cloud connectivity
• Cloud storage and synchronization with MATLAB Drive
• Windows®, Mac, and Linux® connectivity
• Data acquisition from device sensors
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
MATLAB Mobile does not support:
• MATLAB Live Editor
• MATLAB apps, such as Curve Fitting or Signal Analysis
• Creating graphical user interfaces using App Designer or GUIDE
• Simulink® graphical environment, but the ‘sim’ command is supported at the MATLAB Mobile command line
• Interaction with 3D figures
MATLAB is the leading technical computing software for algorithm development, data visualization, data analysis, and numeric computation. MATLAB is used in a wide range of applications, including signal and image processing, communications, control design, test and measurement, financial modeling and analysis, and computational biology.
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 8.0 or later
• One of the following MATLAB licenses:
- Professional or academic license for R2014a or later. Note: License should be current on MathWorks Software Maintenance Service.
- MATLAB Student or MATLAB and Simulink Student Suite R2014a or later
- MATLAB Home R2014a or later
- An active MATLAB Trial for R2016a
• MATLAB Support Package for Apple iOS Sensors (to send sensor data to a MATLAB session on your computer)
When connecting to your computer, MATLAB Mobile is intended for use behind a firewall on a private network. Virtual private network (VPN) use is recommended when used over the public Internet or via 3G/4G.
What's New in Version 5.4
- Acquire and send sensor data to MathWorks Cloud
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Good, needs camera support.
Good app in general, I love being able to interact with a session on my PC. But for the love of God please support image capture via the device camera! Why else would I want to run Matlab on iOS? This app is only 10% of its full potential without camera support.
Great app. Background sensor data collection is not working on ios9. Please fix.