MATx is a mobile app for health care practitioners that supports medication-assisted treatment (MAT) of opioid use disorder. The app leads practitioners through the step-by-step process to become certified to prescribe buprenorphine. Using MATx, clinicians can learn about U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approved medications and access resources including treatment guidelines, ICD-10 coding, and CME/CE opportunities. Clinicians can use this free app to easily locate buprenorphine practitioners, opioid treatment programs, and additional behavioral health treatment services and facilities.
MATx empowers practitioners to provide effective, evidence-based care for opioid use disorder.
• Follow a step-by-step guide to become certified to prescribe buprenorphine
• Get information on medications for opioid use disorders, including buprenorphine, methadone, naltrexone, and the use of naloxone for opioid overdose prevention
• Use clinical support tools, including treatment guidelines, ICD-10 coding, and recommendations for working with special populations
• Search and favorite SAMHSA’s MAT-related resources to create your own custom toolkit
• Share MAT resources with your colleagues and patients
• Access critical helplines and SAMHSA’s treatment locators.
Email SAMHSA at SAMHSAInfo@samhsa.hhs.gov with any questions or comments.
Note: This app is a free resource provided by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and was funded by federal resources.
Ratings and Reviews
Good collection of resources!
I'll recommend esp to providers looking to train office based opioid substitution therapy.
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
- 29.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 SAMHSA
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.