MaxStats - Basketball, powered by MaxPreps is a stat keeping for the iPad for high school statisticians, coaches and fans. The app is directly connected to the MaxPreps database so pregame setups and postgame score/stat imports are quick and easy.
Free MaxPreps Membership is required. The app works for boys and girls Varsity/JV/Freshman basketball.
• Interactive basketball court and scoreboard for visual game reference.
• Keeps track of all of the MaxPreps.com stat categories, including timeouts and fouls – for both your team and your opponent! Real-time editing allows you to quickly make corrections to your stats without missing any game action.
• The application features built-in NFHS basketball rules engine to make data entry faster.
• Rosters can be modified at start time to reflect jersey changes as well as setting the starting lineup. Substitutions are made during the game with a single touch.
• Demo game included on the schedule to practice using the application before game night.
• Export stats directly to MaxPreps.com. The team administrator can preview the results prior to posting them on the team page. Results from multiple scorekeepers at the same game are available for comparison.
• In-game and Postgame player reports, team summary reports, and shot charts.
• Individual and player combination impact reports.
• Camera interface to take a picture during the game and attach it to any game event.
• Add post game photos or video clips to any event for any game in the library.
Compatible with most iPads.
Requires iOS 8.0 or greater.
Requires internet connection.
Fixed a bug with emails that had PDF files attached.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to figure out. I use it for the quick stat imports to my maxpreps coach account.
After keeping stats tonight at a ball game, I noticed that there was at least one spelling error in the recording of plays. Successful only has one "l" in the successful upload message. Anyway, recording stats is my every once in a while night job, but by day I am a Language Arts teacher so I notice things like that very easily. Other than that, it is very quick and fairly easy to use. I could use a loose ball foul option to keep track of those really ugly scrambles halfway down the court, and I think maybe a section where you could add categories of your own in case the coach wants you to watch for something special that night. Maybe it's already there, and I just haven't found it yet. Nice app, though.
Awesome app. Any chance of adding possession and a jump ball button?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.