Maxthon Web Browser
By Maxthon Technology Limited
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Maxthon Browser for Mac provides the same high-performance experience offered by Maxthon for many years around the globe. It is based on a new engine. It has power-saving technologies. It is faster and safer.
All-new, simple and Intuitive:
-Smart Address Bar offers you multiple choices to search and browse the web.
-History lets you view all of you history in a more convenient way.
-Download Manager shows download progress in an easy to use and intuitive way.
-Bookmarks Manager brings you the best visual and user experience.
It fully supports Retina display, improving your viewing experience.
What's New in Version 4.5.2
1. Synchronization the Magic Fill data
2. Mouse gesture support
Fix bug and optimization
1. Solve the touchpad gestures collapse on 10.10.3
2. Optimization of the address bar
No more development, no bookmark import
An email from the developer says they are no longer developing the Mac app. What I had written about was to ask why the app does not support the import of bookmarks/favorites. Otherwise (development aside) the app would be a three or maybe close to four. I like the user interface better than Safari, and Maxthon feels definitely quicker. The Help is not very thorough, however.
Better but not a perfect
- .pdf saving and printing from websites doesn't work properly
- inability to search for the selected and dragged text on the new tab (this function worked great in the old version of the software)
- no extension center
- links to external sites doesn't work properly
Huge plus is a speed of operation.
Obviously received very little quality assurance testing
When I browse to a typical site that requires a login, a window pops up asking for a name/pw. After these are correctly supplied,
the login succeeds, and the page appears; but the prompt window for name/pw remains in front.
And there is no way to close the name/pw window.
And then when I quit the application, the application fails to quit.
The only remedy is a force quit.
Then when I relaunch the Maxthon app, it remembers the last page visited, so it again pops up the login window.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 30, 2015
- Version: 4.5.2
- Size: 8.9 MB
- Languages: English, Basque, French, German, Italian, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Maxthon Technology Limited
- Copyright © Maxthon Limited. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor