Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MBraille brings you a mobile braille keyboard.
With the free features you can type, edit and send tweets and text messages using contracted or uncontracted English braille.*
With the full version you can also use braille to
- call contacts or telephone numbers
- send email
- do facebook status updates
- add calendar entries
- fire away internet search engine queries
- the text typed is automatically put to clipboard when you switch apps.
- interact with other 3rd party applications
- check spelling
- save and open text files
- sync to dropbox
- use MBraille as third party keyboard
The keyboard is also available as a separate in-app purchase.
MBraille fully support both iPhone/iPod and iPad
An experienced blind MBraille user can easily surpass the sighted typists using the built in virtual keyboard.
*uncontracted Braille is supported and help is available for Arabic, Croatian, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish
UI and Braille are also supported for Czech, Italian, Portuguese, and Slovakian, only help is still missing.
Braille table support exists also for Estonian and Romanian,
MBraille supports iPhones, iPod touches and iPads.
"An iPhone without MBraille, just isn't a fully operational iPhone anymore!" --Cliff Isaksen, Norway
AppleVis granted MBraille and MPaja a Golden Apple, which we accept with deep gratitude:
What's New in Version 3.0.4
Bug fix release, fixes:
- A crash in Piano mode
- Paste did not work with direct input on
- Document package purchase restore was not workin
- Translation improvements
The biggest wripoff I've ever known.
So I got the free version, wanted to use the spell checker, so I got the paid version and the third party keyboard addon. That was so much money, and I didn't consider how much it really was until I started using it a lot. Its not worth it y'all. $50 for an app that can't even correctly translate inputted braille to print. It doesn't even use the iOS braille tables, so you can't use UEB to make it work better to correctly identify 4=6+D as ound,instead of .d
Waste of money. And when I tried to get a refund, Apple said I have to go through the app website and contact them about it. They'd better get back to me. That was a lot of money for an app I thought would save me plenty of time, but wound up taking much more time than even typing on the regular touch screen keyboard.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 14, 2015
- Version: 3.0.4
- Size: 29.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: MPaja Oy
- © 2013-15 MPaja Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- MBraille Keyboard$9.99
- MBraille Documents and Keyboard$14.99
- MBraille Full Version$39.99