MBus ~ bus info for University of Michigan
By Jonah Grant
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
View arrival information, bus stop locations, and live bus locations for the University of Michigan.
With MBus, you can:
• See nearby stops in service
• See when the routes that are servicing a specific stop will arrive
• Get a notification before your bus arrives
• See a map of all buses moving in realtime
• See all routes that are in service
• See the stops that a route services and when the bus will arrive at each
• See a map of a route with the buses that are servicing it
• See all bus-related announcements
• Easily call Safe Rides if no routes are in service
What's New in Version 1.4
• Patches a lot of bugs, including: unresponsive refreshes, crashes, interface latency, and other smaller issues.
• Shows a button on the home tab if there are any announcements
• Pluralizes words when they should and doesn't when they shouldn't
• Caches are updated when they are modified rather than once the application's lifecycle ends
• Tapping on a bus in the map shows it's route
• You can now tap a stop when looking at a route and see information about that stop
• When you are looking at a stop's location on a map, it will only show the buses that service that stop instead of all active buses
• You can now choose what time you receive a notification that the bus is arriving soon
Pretty blue-bus tracking app
This has the nicest interface of all the bus tracking apps I've seen. Like all such apps, it gets an approximate estimate of when the next bus is coming from UM's transit system, but the dev made it look nice and consistent with the rest of the phone.
Bus tracking is an imperfect science. As near as I can the arrival times seem to be estimated based on how long it would take the bus to travel that route at a constant speed. This isn't always possible on a busy campus, particularly at peak hours.
I'm a fan!
I used I use the michigan app for the bus routes but I was glitchy and not easy to use so I took a break from bus apps. I recently downloaded the Mbus app and my experience with it so far has been wonderful! The words are big and clear and the interface is simple and clean. It's easy to use, and i live how it also shows you the street view for the stops, I'm terrible with names so it helps a lot. Anyways, I recommend this app!
Best one out there
Switched from using the mbus app and the Michigan app. This app is beautifully designed and works quite well, although it can sometimes show the wrong numbers for arrivals. Overall, I would recommend it because of its easy interface and overall effectiveness.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 02, 2014
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 15.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Jonah Grant
- © Jonah Grant
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.