It’s never been more important to make sure your devices are secure and your personal, private data stays private. Now McAfee can help maintain your privacy and make your mobile experience even better than before.
Introducing the all new McAfee Mobile Security app! McAfee Mobile Security is a free cell phone app, that protects your private data and strengthens your iPhone or iPad’s security with Safe Web, Media Vault, Anti-Theft, Thief Cam & Contacts Backup.
Maintain your privacy by hiding your photos and videos behind a secure PIN. Prevent threats through the safe browsing utility of Safe Web. Use GPS and location services to recover your lost or stolen cell phone. Backup and restore your contacts to your device through the McAfee Cloud.
Featuring a fresh, clean design with easy app navigation and enhanced Security Scan capabilities, McAfee’s Mobile Security threat scan will detect:
- Unsecure WiFi hotspots
- ‘Man-in-the-Middle’ WiFi attacks
- Rogue Access Points
- Out-of-date Apple iOS
- Secure settings
Safe Web alerts you when browsing malicious websites, protects you from phishing or ARP Spoofing and helps to keep your personal data, photos and videos private.
McAfee Mobile Security includes:
• Media Vault PIN Protection
- Maintain your privacy and protect your private data, photos & videos behind a secure PIN
- Media Vault files are safely encrypted and locally stored on your iPhone or iPad
- Open your Media Vault quickly and safely with Touch ID or Face ID (iPhone X only)
- Snap photos/videos using the app and the entire photo session will be automatically encrypted and locked in the vault
• Safe Web
- Web protection scanner for cleaner, safer browsing
- Safe Web scans for threats and blocks access to any risky websites
• Secure WiFi
- Protection from ARP Spoofing attacks and unsecured WiFi networks
• Contacts Backup
- Backup your contacts automatically through the McAfee Cloud
- Restore your contacts if your device is lost or stolen
• Find Device
- If your device is lost, you can locate it with a GPS tracker to identify its’ current location.
- Easily track and locate your iPhone or iPad on a GPS map
- Activate remote alarm to locate your lost or stolen device, even in silent mode
- Initiate an alarm from your Apple Watch to locate your iPhone
- Improves chances of locating your lost device by saving the location of your iPhone or iPad when battery is low
• Remotely Wipe Contacts
- If you're sure your device has fallen into the wrong hands, remotely wipe your contacts data before it gets misused
• Thief Cam
- Secure your private media if your phone is compromised or stolen and use Mobile Security to catch the intruder trying to get into your Media Vault
- Receive an email with a photo of the intruder and the device location via GPS to help recover your cell phone
• Battery Indicator
- Check your iPhone battery level on your Apple Watch
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease your battery life.
Like us and stay connected
Keep your privacy private and device protected.
Life is awesome. Together we make it better.
Introducing the all-new McAfee Mobile Security!
Fresh new design & product optimizations will give you:
• Easy app navigation to access your favorite features
• Security scan for any Wi-Fi or system threats
• Safe Web helps keep you safe from risky websites
If you love the new experience, please leave us a review and rate us 5 stars! (5 Stars = Good)
Ratings and Reviews
McAfee App Sent Phishing Message
I received the following alert from the McAfee App, that my Wi-Fi was under threat & I should disconnect - “1 threat found. Scan complete. [(MY WI-FI NAME)] - Your personal info is at risk, Disconnect Now!” I was uncomfortable about this message using my Wi-Fi name in a pop up, so I called McAfee & they were unaware of why this message was sent. That Representative told me that it was a Phishing attempt & to disregard the ‘email’! She sent me to Technical Support, when I explained that this alert came from the App. Tech Support was also unaware of this message, but after speaking to someone, ran me through disconnecting & reconnecting my iPhone from the Wi-Fi. As I have not had Wi-Fi trouble, there was no reconnect issue. But then, the tech told me that my PASSWORD was weak (it is very strong) & that I should change it. This felt fishy to me. I tried to tell the McAfee Tech that they should check to make sure THEIR APP hadn’t been hacked. I did not feel that they understood.
I then called AppleCare to report this. AppleCare does not have an avenue to contact developers about such issues. I am hoping that McAfee will read this review and check their system. I am trying to be helpful here, and I see that someone actually responded to a previous concern.
Hi there, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience that you’ve faced and McAfee will address this at the earliest. Please write to us at Mobile_Support@mcafee.com with your contact details and a convenient time so that one of our representatives will contact you to have this issue addressed.
Tried others and wasn’t happy
Soooo glad I decided to give this app a shot.. I wasn’t very impressed at all with look out or norton.. McAfee has been around since I purchased my very first computer when I was in my late teens.. it saved me then and I know it will save me from issues now.. thanks for having a brilliant mind and 5 steps ahead of the evil people.. ***UPDATE*** this just doesn’t get any better.. what are you waiting on.. don’t let online scammers steal your identity.. jump on the McAfee wagon.. still loving this app MANY MONTHS later..
Hi there, thanks for writing to us. McAfee App for iOS now includes Security Scan to notify you when Wi-Fi or system is not secure and Safe Web to protect when you browse online. Please feel free to reach us at service.mcafee.com if you need any help. We are available 24/7.
Not what I expected
I subscribed to the 5 Device Protection Plan for our family PC, and all of our mobile devices. When I added my phone, it took me to the App Store to download the McAffee App. Before downloading the app I made sure to read thru to make sure my phone was compatible. The app says it is compatible with all iPhone iOS devices, so I started the download. When the app opened, it looked nothing like the preview on the App Store. There is no scan button at all. Then I find out that Apple doesn’t work with other antivirus programs so I basically paid for a plan I don’t need. I will still keep my subscription, I will just downgrade to the basic PC plan.
Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. McAfee Security for iOS includes Security Scan to notify you when Wi-Fi and system is not secure. New version of McAfee Security requires iOS version 10.0 or above. We would like to take a closer look at your device configuration and help you out. Please reach us at service.mcafee.com with refer to this service request number 2477918410. We are available 24/7.
- McAfee, LLC.
- 66.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 McAfee, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.