McAfee Mobile Security
By McAfee (Intel Security)
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Enjoy peace of mind with McAfee® Mobile Security, the most robust and comprehensive mobile security solutions in the market today!
• Media Vault
- Protect your photos & videos behind a secure PIN. Vault files are safely encrypted and locally stored on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open your media vault quickly and securely with Touch ID
- Take secured photos/videos straight from the app and the entire photo session will be auto encrypted and locked in the vault
• Contacts Backup
- Backup your contacts automatically
- Restore your contacts
• Find Device
- Easily track your iPhone or iPad on a map
- Activate remote alarm to locate your lost or stolen device, even in silent mode
- Initiate an alarm from your Apple Watch to locate your iPhone
- Improves chances of locating your lost device by saving your iPhone's or iPad’s location on low battery
• Wipe Contacts
- If you're sure your device has fallen into the wrong hands, remotely wipe your contacts before it gets misused.
- Catch an intruder on multiple wrong Vault PIN entries. Receive an email with the intruder’s photo & device location
• Battery Indicator
- Check your iPhone battery level on your Apple Watch
If you already have a McAfee LiveSafe™ subscription, download this app and link it to your McAfee account.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease your battery life.
1. Can I back up my Vault photos/videos to iCloud?
Yes, McAfee Mobile Security app will be backed up to iCloud along with Vault files. Your photos/videos will stay encrypted even if your iCloud account is compromised.
2. What happens to my Vault photos & videos if I lose my device?
Vault files will be retrieved automatically to your new device as soon as you log in with your iCloud credentials and restore your McAfee Mobile Security app.
What's New in Version 2.0.4
* Bug fixes
Years of photos lost
Please do not save your photos to this app!!! After updating from the iPhone 6s Plus to the iPhone 8 Plus, I have learned that any photos saved to this app will not transfer in the app to the new phone. This app specifically tells you to save your photos so they are safe and secure and deletes the photos from your camera roll but it does not save your photos. This app states it backs up into the iCloud but it does not. I have lost over 700 photos and recordings. I called McAfee twice and they were no help. I could barely understand the first rep and I doubt if she understood me. I am so upset and frustrated with this app and company.
Works with all my devices
I use it on three different operating systems and it’s perfect.
Lost pictures and videos
Deleted my entire vault with the most recent update. Lost tons of photos and videos. Very disappointed. Do not trust this app with your important photos and videos as they can potentially be wiped out with future updates.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 14, 2017
- Version: 2.0.4
- Size: 47.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: McAfee, Inc.
- © 2014 - 2017 McAfee, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.