McAfee Mobile Security – Privacy Vault, Backup, Catch a Thief, Find Your iPhone or iPad
By McAfee (Intel Security)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Keep your personal life personal with industry-leading McAfee® Mobile Security for iPhone and iPad. All you need in one simple solution – FREE.
o Worried about friends and family snooping through your photos and videos? – Shield them inside the Secure Vault.
o Want to protect your private photos from untrusted apps? – Snap secure pictures with Vault Camera.
o Want to know who’s been trying to break into your Vault? – We’ll take a snap of that person and send you an email.
o Misplaced your iPhone and worried the battery will die before you can find it? – Receive an SOS notification with your device’s last location.
o You can also backup and restore your contacts across multiple platforms.
With more than 150 million mobile devices protected worldwide, McAfee offers the most robust, comprehensive mobile security solutions in the market today.
• Photo and Video Vault – Protect your photos and videos from prying eyes. Store them in a safe place that can only be accessed with a PIN.
• Secure Snap – Use the included secure camera to take pictures and videos directly into your vault without leaving any exposed copies on your device. Alternatively, copy them from your camera roll to the vault with just a few taps. And remember to remove the original copies from the camera roll to fully protect your media within the Vault.
• CaptureCam – Catch an intruder on multiple wrong Vault PIN entries. Receive an email with the photo of the person holding your lost device plus the device location.
• Backup & Restore Contacts– Backup all your contacts automatically and restore to iOS or other supported mobile platform.
• Wipe Contacts – If you're sure your device has fallen into the wrong hands, remotely wipe your contacts before misuse.
• Locate – Your iPhone or iPad is too precious to lose. Easily locate your iPhone or iPad on a map on our website www.mcafeemobilesecurity.com/.
• SOS - Improve your chances of locating your lost device by saving your iPhone's or iPad’s location on low battery.
• Remote Scream – Activate an alarm to locate your lost or stolen device. Works even when your device is silenced.
• Jailbreak Detection – Now you can be notified instantly if your device has been jailbroken and is exposed to additional threats.
• Integration with McAfee LiveSafe™. If you already have a McAfee LiveSafe™ subscription, download this app and link it to your McAfee account to ensure comprehensive protection across all devices.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease your battery life.
Note: For new App Store users, you may see a $1 charge on your account that is charged by Apple when setting up your account. It should be refunded back to you. Our app remains free to use. See http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3702 for more information.
Need help? – Contact us at IS6106_61279@is.instantservice.com
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security company. Since our founding in 1987, we have had just one mission: to help our customers stay safe. We achieve this by creating proactive security solutions for securing your digital world.
With our comprehensive security software we ensure that customers' devices are protected from the latest threats. And, with our unrivaled Global Threat Intelligence™, we track emerging threats, helping us to stay one step ahead of the bad guys.
What's New in Version 18.104.22.168
The Very Best if you want secure media options.
Ok, I would bet that all grown ups have the need for an impenetrable media storage app that isn't a pain to login to. While I am not totally convinced that Mcaffe has much more to offer its mobile target clientele. It has an alarm feature that when you activate it it will obnoxiously loudly sound off for many hard to bare minutes. Then it displays the instructions to return the device to owner. Kinda cool if you lose it and a stranger finds it. The thing I found most useful is the secret vault that you can store home made movies and pictures and documents I think too. Once you stick the file in the vault in the app you can delete the original from your photos. Then you don't use all that space, and they load Super Fast unlike apple iCloud and unlike Microsofts one drive who make you suffer and wait while your own movie pauses and glitches out. Mcafee has an almost instant playback rate and I love it !!! Great app for those features. Then they don't have any other functions (a gps which is ok in function but, not really relevant or needed). If you are already a subscriber than use it, it's pretty awesome !
Can't view my media
Ever since the last update, when I try to look at my photos, it's just a grey screen. Can't even move to camera roll. For videos, I press play and it just flickers, doesn't play. Can save to camera roll, but video is buggy. Please fix. I have files that I wish to see that are no longer available anywhere else.
*update* when I try to upload those videos to my laptop, they cannot be view. They are now, "damaged". Thanks guys, I trusted you.
Lost all my photos in Vault
McAfee Security Vault lost all my photos. Can't even call support, chat is unavailable at this time (the one that is declared to work 24/7). McAfee - never again!
Update: after about 5 weeks of going back and forth with McAfee and case having been escalated to a tier 2.5 technician I was told to install a new version of this McAfee app that was supposed to get me my photos back. Wrong! Still no photos, and frankly no hope.
Ironically McAfee did exactly what it was supposed to protect from!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 16, 2015
- Version: 22.214.171.124
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: McAfee, Inc.
- © McAfee 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.