The McCalc Fusion Pressure Calculator is designed to help you quickly find the correct fusion pressure for your job.
To properly heat-fuse polyethylene pipe, the fusion pressure must be adjusted so the pipe manufacturer's recommended interfacial pressure is achieved.
McCalc takes the guesswork out of HDPE and Polypropylene pipe fusion. By selecting your McElroy fusion machine and entering your pipe size and pressure requirements, the recommended theoretical gauge pressure may be calculated.
McCalc offers the following features:
- Easy selection of any of McElroy's hydraulic fusion machines.
- Selection from nine different international standards for HDPE and Polypropylene pipe fusion.
- Pipe size entry in IPS, DIPS, O.D., or JIS units.
- Wall thickness entry using the pipe's dimensional ratio or actual wall thickness.
- Interfacial pressure and drag pressure entry in units of psi, bar, kg/cm², or MPa.
- Multiple-language support including English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Added TracStar™ 630, TracStar™ 1200, Talon™ 2000, Acrobat™ 250HF, 315, and 630, and Polygon™ fusion machines. Updated WIS 4-32-08:2016 Issue 4 (UK Water) polyethylene fusion specification.
Ratings and Reviews
Good but needs updated
Good app but needs updated, luckily works. Pipe specifications need updated
Good information but app crashes( closes and go to home screen after 10 to 15 min) and have to reopen while timing fuses
November 2015 Update to IPhone
The latest update posted for November 2015 will note update to my iPhone 5s. Tbsp app's message states that the update is incompatible with the iPhone.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.