Store your recipes, create meal plans and grocery lists, keep track of your pantry inventory. All in one app!
• Import recipes from recipe websites, or add you own recipes
• Organize recipe by categories
• Search recipes by name or ingredient
• Scale your recipe by specifying the number of servings you need
• Manage your recipes through the web interface (Log in at www.mealboard.com from your computer-- access is free!)
• Create meal plans, organized by day and meal type
• Reuse meal plans by creating templates
• Set up recipe prep notifications to remind you of tasks ahead of time
• Mark meals as leftovers
• Export meal plans to the Calendar app
• Add non-recipe items (like oatmeal or bananas) to your meal plan using the Quick Add feature
• Generate your shopping list based on the meal plan you created
• Smart shopping list aggregation that combines similar ingredients and organize them by aisle
• Scale grocery quantities
• Input grocery prices and see the total price you're spending
• Support for multiple grocery stores
• Check off grocery items as you shop
• Move bought items to your pantry
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry
• Specify expiration dates and inventory locations
• Use the barcode scanner to input items
• Move out-of-stock items from the pantry to the shopping list
• Find recipes with ingredients that will expire soon!
• Email recipes, meal plan and shopping list
• Import recipes sent by other MealBoard users (you'll need to tap the email attachment)
• Print your meal plan and shopping list to an AirPrint-compatible printer
• Sync your data across multiple devices (You will need to create an account. Doing so will also back up your data.)
MealBoard is fully customizable. You can manage your recipes, ingredients, food categories, meal types, stores, store aisles, grocery items and many more!
To understand how the app works, a detailed screenshot tutorial can be found at
DISCLAIMER: This app is preloaded with a few recipes that are for illustrative purposes only. Users are expected to input/import the recipes that they use.
• Much improved recipe importing capability. Now, you can import recipes from most recipe websites (including blogs and unsupported sites).
• Fixed recipe importing bug where the app crashes when you try to save an image.
• Fixed recipe printing bug where text get truncated.
• Fixed camera orientation in the iPad version.
• Added Cancel option when scanning barcodes.
• Added multiline capability in the recipe description.
• Improved shopping list aggregation.
Ratings and Reviews
I love love love this app. I'm not an app person at all. I use only two apps on a daily basis and this is one of them. It made my life so much easier and so much more organized. All modules are great but the best is that I can park my car on the way home in front of a grocery store and have a shopping list within 5 minutes for everything that I need for the whole week of meals. I also use it for non-recipe items like milk, bread, butter, etc. I don't buy more than needed thus I don't waste food, i.e. money, but have everything for the recipes. You will be able to get more recipes than you will ever need with two click per new recipe. What a time saver! My favorite site is Weber, because we like grilled food and his recipes are exceptional, but you will also be able to import recipes from website not listed as supported.
Someone complained about lost recipes. It has never happened to me, but even if, you should know that our recipes are backed up on weekly basis. All you have to do is to contact Ray, the app developer, and he will help you with that. He has been very responsive with any questions I've had in the past and his support is great. I have been using this app for at least 2 years now and thought I should post a review to say how much I appreciate it. It would be very hard now to live without it!
I absolutely love this app. It is so very customizable and I’ve been importing / entering recipes for two days straight now. About 20 years ago I tried a meal planning software called MasterCook. It was great for its time, but it was so unwieldy that I soon gave up. Because of that poor experience I have avoided this type of app until now. I use it on my iPad, which means I have a beautifully laid out recipe card to follow. I love that it generates a customizable shopping list that I can send directly to my printer. I’m sure that if I were more organized I would find the pantry portion something I couldn’t live without.... but I’m not there yet. Plus, I’m 67 and if I want something from the store I simply send my husband. For some reason he enjoys getting out of the house! The other thing I just love is that for recipes that I key in myself the app lets me browse and find whatever picture I want to use. And I found some really, really nice pictures. Makes me look like a star! And, last but not least, to be able to back everything up to the cloud so I don’t lose everything the next time I drop my iPad in the pool..... perfect. So, thank you. I almost never ever pay fir an app... but this one is worth every penny.
Love Love LOVE!!!!!! This app! It is revolutionizing my meal planning! I especially love that I can import my favorite healthy recipes in off my favorite websites. Saves me so much time. Of course I also like that I can add my own or old family recipes. Populates my a grocery list, that's me add the recipes to my weekly meal plan, then it remove the groceries items from the pantry when I make a recipe. Just can't get over how much I seriously Love this app!
1. It would help if we could share recipes on Pinterest to brag to our friends about what a great app this is. It's also free advertising for this app.
2. Additionally, when you go to move items from your shopping list to the pantry you have to click on a trashcan icon. This confused me for a while and I thought that the app did not move shopping list items to the pantry. I stopped using the app for a long time until I discovered the move to pantry option I was searching for was in the trashcan... It would be less confusing if you change the trash can icon or make two separate icons for deletion (trash can) and for groceries being moved to the pantry (maybe a door). Just a suggestion :) Thank you for creating this awesome app!
- Ray Bernardo
- 16.7 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Ray Bernardo
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.