MealBoard - Meal and Grocery Planner
By Ray Bernardo
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you wish meal and grocery planning could be made easier? This app makes it quick and easy!
• Store your recipes
• Create weekly meal plans
• Generate your grocery list
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry!
MealBoard combines recipe management, meal planning, groceries and pantry management into a single app. It is fully customizable. You can manage your recipes, ingredients, food categories, meal types, stores, store aisles, grocery items and many more with its clean, uncluttered interface. Meal and grocery planning will never be easier. With MealBoard, a few taps is all it takes!
• Input your favorite recipes, or import recipes from supported recipe websites
• Create meal plans organized by day and meal type
• Reuse meal plans by creating templates
• Generate your grocery list based on the meal plan you created
• Scale grocery quantities by specifying the number of servings you need
• Input grocery prices and see the total price you're spending
• Shopping list functionality lets you check off grocery items as you shop
• Support for multiple grocery stores
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry
• Specify expiration date and inventory location
• Use the barcode scanner to input items
• Integrated shopping list and pantry operations. Move your out-of-stock items from the pantry to the shopping list, and move them back to the pantry after you shop!
• Assign recipes to multiple categories
• Search recipes by name or ingredient
• Set up recipe prep notifications to remind you of tasks ahead of time
• Add non-recipe items (like oatmeal or bananas) to your meal plan using the Quick Add feature
• Attach a note to a meal
• Easily move meals to another day
• Mark meals as leftovers
• Scale recipe ingredients
• Export meal plan to the Calendar app
• Email recipes, meal plan and shopping list
• Import recipes sent by other MealBoard users
• Print your meal plan and shopping list to an AirPrint-compatible printer
• 4 color themes to choose from
• Clean, uncluttered interface
• Free cloud sync feature that lets you backup your data online
• Sync data between multiple devices
• Input your recipes through the web interface (log in at www.mealboard.com)
• Always have your recipes with you
• By planning your meals, no need to ask yourself what's for dinner!
• Save time by generating your groceries
• Save money by cooking at home
• Eat healthy!
To understand how the app works, a detailed screenshot tutorial can be found at
FAQ and help can be found at
DISCLAIMER: This app is preloaded with a few recipes that are for illustrative purposes only. Users are expected to input/import the recipes that they use.
What's New in Version 3.5
• New look, new icons and lots of UI improvements
• Faster and more accurate recipe importing from the web
• Smart quantity comparison
• Fixed aspect ratio problem with custom recipe images
• You can now edit the recipe description from the app
• Added search filter when selecting recipes belonging to a category
• Added In-Stock recipe category
• Improved recipe layout
• Printing function now prints the scaled version of the recipe
• Bug fixes
I love love love this app. I'm not an app person at all. I use only two apps on a daily basis and this is one of them. It made my life so much easier and so much more organized. All modules are great but the best is that I can park my car on the way home in front of a grocery store and have a shopping list within 5 minutes for everything that I need for the whole week of meals. I also use it for non-recipe items like milk, bread, butter, etc. I don't buy more than needed thus I don't waste food, i.e. money, but have everything for the recipes. You will be able to get more recipes than you will ever need with two click per new recipe. What a time saver! My favorite site is Weber, because we like grilled food and his recipes are exceptional, but you will also be able to import recipes from website not listed as supported.
Someone complained about lost recipes. It has never happened to me, but even if, you should know that our recipes are backed up on weekly basis. All you have to do is to contact Ray, the app developer, and he will help you with that. He has been very responsive with any questions I've had in the past and his support is great. I have been using this app for at least 2 years now and thought I should post a review to say how much I appreciate it. It would be very hard now to live without it!
Powerful tool if you take the time to set it up
I LOVE this app. It takes some time to get things set up properly but once you do you can plan your meals and do your grocery shopping with ease. I love that the grocery list is organized by aisle. I love that once you finish grocery shopping you can move all of the things you just bought into the pantry section. I love that it shows me which recipes I have ingredients for in my pantry. I love that the meal planning section can sync with your apple calendars to add meals onto your calendar (like you would with a paper planner!). It's not perfect - if I have garlic powder in the pantry, then every recipe that uses it shows up as being "in stock", and a recipe only shows an ingredient as being "in stock" if the recipe lists the ingredient exactly like it's listed in your pantry (e.g. freshly ground black pepper and black pepper aren't considered the same ingredient) But really other than that this app is amazing. It just takes some work to get things right.
My Favorite App
This app does it all!! I was searching for an app I could use to plan my meals, and came across MealBoard. It has surpassed my expectations. I read through each review since I was skeptical to spend money on something blindly. All of the reviewers left such positive reviews I was confident I would like it. Well, needless to say I LOVE IT!!! Here are all of the reasons you too should buy this app.
1) Easily plan your daily: meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2) Recipe Box to store all of your favorite recipes. You can easily look up any recipe online via the app, or link directly to your favorite recipe apps!! This is a HUGE plus! You can also type up your favorite family recipes and add them to the app.
3) Track the items in your pantry. This will save you guessing what you have at home when you forget to add an item to your grocery list.
4) Grocery shopping list. Easily add ingredients from your recipe to a list via the app.
5) Sync your devices so no matter which one you have you will see the same thing.
All of that being said, spend the few dollars and invest a little time to set the app up with all of your favorite recipes and pantry items and the app will practically do the work for you!! You will not regret it. ENJOY!