MealBoard - Meal and Grocery Planner
By Ray Bernardo
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you wish meal and grocery planning could be made easier? This app makes it quick and easy!
• Store your recipes
• Create weekly meal plans
• Generate your grocery list
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry!
MealBoard combines recipe management, meal planning, groceries and pantry management into a single app. It is fully customizable. You can manage your recipes, ingredients, food categories, meal types, stores, store aisles, grocery items and many more with its clean, uncluttered interface. Meal and grocery planning will never be easier. With MealBoard, a few taps is all it takes!
• Input your favorite recipes, or import recipes from top recipe websites
• Create meal plans organized by day and meal type
• Reuse meal plans by creating templates
• Generate your grocery list based on the meal plan you created
• Scale grocery quantities by specifying the number of servings you need
• Option to show grocery prices, and total price, for budget-conscious users!
• Shopping list functionality lets you check off grocery items as you shop
• Support for multiple grocery stores
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry
• Use the barcode scanner to input items
• Integrated shopping list and pantry operations. Move your out-of-stock items from the pantry to the shopping list, and move them back to the pantry after you shop!
• Assign recipes to multiple categories
• Search recipes by name or ingredient
• Set up recipe prep notifications to remind you of tasks ahead of time
• Attach a note to a meal
• Easily move meals to another day
• Mark meals as leftovers
• Scale recipe ingredients
• Export meal plan to the Calendar app
• Email recipes, meal plan and shopping list
• Import recipes sent by other MealBoard users
• Print your meal plan and shopping list to an AirPrint-compatible printer
• 4 color themes to choose from
• Clean, uncluttered interface
• Free cloud sync feature that lets you backup your data online
• Sync data between multiple devices
• Input your recipes through the web interface (log in at www.mealboard.com)
• Always have your recipes with you
• By planning your meals, no need to ask yourself what's for dinner!
• Save time by generating your groceries
• Save money by cooking at home
• Eat healthy!
To understand how the app works, a detailed screenshot tutorial can be found at
FAQ and help can be found at
What's New in Version 3.1
• Optimized performance (runs much faster and uses less memory)
• Fixed recipe importing issues with a few of the supported sites
• More comprehensive product database for the barcode scanner
• Export meal plan to the Calendar app (you can enable this from the Settings)
• Ability to set a store as the default store
• Minor bug fixes
I am usually a bit of a skeptic. I gave this app a long while before attempting to accept to review it. I wanted to make sure the whole process went well- like pantry entry, meal planning, and then grocery list. It is sooo easy to use. And everything went great. I went shopping just yesterday and I held my iPad with me in the cart and checked off everything in the list. It was easy to shop because not only did it sync everything I needed from the menu plan and how much to get, but it was organized by section. So once in a section of the store I found everything in that section and went on. No more disorganized lists and having to go back to a section of the store because of something missed on the written list. I did have one problem though with a few items not syncing for some reason. But it was no big deal. I am sure I will figure out the why. Other than that it works like a charm. I am thrilled with it. It is so fun to go the recipe section and see what you already have and can make. I was shocked that for one whole recipe I had everything. This app makes you mindful of what you have already and to use it. Without it, I would have just shopped for most of it and forgot I already had some of them. It saves money in that way. Awesome app! Well worth the money. I am so pleased! My kitchen pantry and menu planning and shopping now is so stream lined. I love knowing what I am making everyday too. Can't seem to say enough about it! Way to go! Love this app!
amazing!!! Here's some tips
I could repeat the same things others have said because they're true - this app has helped me not dread shopping or meal planning and it really is a help in saving money and time...here's a few tips I learned: think through how you want to enter your ingredients so that they can sync easier for your shopping - for example, save words like diced, chopped, cooked, etc for the "prep" and "notes/directions" sections, so your quantities will sync. Also, this app will add together fractions, so enter "1/4" instead of ".25" (didn't think it would and thought I was being clever - learned the hard way). Another tip - to save time searching for recipes I add symbols following the title - this, in addition to rating the recipes really helps me when I'm short on time. Example: my husband and I make lots of fresh fruit and veggie juices. I have lots of 4-5 star recipes that we like, but I add a symbol of a clock with the minute hand at 5 min for recipes that are quick to fix or don't require a lot of ingredients, and a clock symbol with hand at 15 min or 30 min for recipes that take longer. I add a green checkbox in the title for our absolute favorite juice recipes. I recommend adding extra categories or editing categories to make them very specific to help you in meal planning. Also, being able to specify which store you get an item at is extremely time saving! Bottom line, great app!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Time saver and life changer!
I don't think I have ever reviewed an app before, but this app has finally helped me get myself together and meal plan properly! I love it. I actually enjoy browsing for random recipes and compiling them. The grocery list organized by aisles is such a time saver when I am rushing through the store with two little ones. Every time I go now I have a plan!
There are only two things I wish would be improved. 1: Like others have said I wish I could share my recipes easier without having to have friends input everything manually. 2: PLEASE add a spot for nutritional information! This seems like a basic thing and it would be so much more practical than just copying and pasting it in with the directions. I would love to be able to search recipes by nutritional info!
After using this for a while I have changed my review. It is near perfect but far too hard to import recipes. Even when going through their particular list of compatible websites I would always click on recipes that wouldn't import no matter what. It ended up being a deal breaker for me. I tried Paprika and that imports every recipe like a dream! It seriously a breath of fresh air after this. I tried this and gave it a good go but I had to move on...
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: May 05, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ray Bernardo
- © 2015 Ray Bernardo
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.