Store your recipes, create meal plans and grocery lists, keep track of your pantry inventory. All in one app!
• Import recipes from recipe websites, or add you own recipes
• Organize recipe by categories
• Search recipes by name or ingredient
• Scale your recipe by specifying the number of servings you need
• Manage your recipes through the web interface (Log in at www.mealboard.com from your computer-- access is free!)
• Create meal plans, organized by day and meal type
• Reuse meal plans by creating templates
• Set up recipe prep notifications to remind you of tasks ahead of time
• Mark meals as leftovers
• Export meal plans to the Calendar app
• Add non-recipe items (like oatmeal or bananas) to your meal plan using the Quick Add feature
• Generate your shopping list based on the meal plan you created
• Smart shopping list aggregation that combines similar ingredients and organize them by aisle
• Scale grocery quantities
• Input grocery prices and see the total price you're spending
• Add product photos
• Support for multiple grocery stores
• Check off grocery items as you shop
• Move bought items to your pantry
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry
• Specify expiration dates and inventory locations
• Use the barcode scanner to input items
• Move out-of-stock items from the pantry to the shopping list
• Find recipes with ingredients that will expire soon!
• Email recipes, meal plan and shopping list
• Import recipes sent by other MealBoard users (you'll need to tap the email attachment)
• Print your meal plan and shopping list to an AirPrint-compatible printer
• Sync your data across multiple devices (You will need to create an account. Doing so will also back up your data.)
MealBoard is fully customizable. You can manage your recipes, ingredients, food categories, meal types, stores, store aisles, grocery items and many more!
To understand how the app works, a detailed screenshot tutorial can be found at
DISCLAIMER: This app is preloaded with a few recipes that are for illustrative purposes only. Users are expected to input/import the recipes that they use.
• Shopping list bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I love love love this app. I'm not an app person at all. I use only two apps on a daily basis and this is one of them. It made my life so much easier and so much more organized. All modules are great but the best is that I can park my car on the way home in front of a grocery store and have a shopping list within 5 minutes for everything that I need for the whole week of meals. I also use it for non-recipe items like milk, bread, butter, etc. I don't buy more than needed thus I don't waste food, i.e. money, but have everything for the recipes. You will be able to get more recipes than you will ever need with two click per new recipe. What a time saver! My favorite site is Weber, because we like grilled food and his recipes are exceptional, but you will also be able to import recipes from website not listed as supported.
Someone complained about lost recipes. It has never happened to me, but even if, you should know that our recipes are backed up on weekly basis. All you have to do is to contact Ray, the app developer, and he will help you with that. He has been very responsive with any questions I've had in the past and his support is great. I have been using this app for at least 2 years now and thought I should post a review to say how much I appreciate it. It would be very hard now to live without it!
Love this app!!!
I’ve been using MealBoard daily for several years. This is my favorite app on my phone. While it comes with recipes, I entered all my own recipes and it was worth the time spent. I add recipes I want to make for the week, sync with my grocery list, and use the grocery list while shopping, checking off items I put in my cart. Sometimes, I stop at a grocery store without a shopping list prepared and add meals while there onto the meal calendar and sync with my grocery list and I’m all organized. No more forgetting what is in a recipe or forgetting to buy certain items. I can also email the shopping list to another family member to shop for me. If I want to text a shopping list, I just copy it from the email into a text. Each day, I can look at the calendar and see what I had planned to make, and then view the recipe for ingredients and directions. No need to pull out the cook book. This is also handy when I’m cooking on vacation or at someone else’s home. I can also easily edit the recipe to add important tips I discover as I’m preparing it. If I want to share recipes with friends, I can email them right from the app. If I want to print a recipe so my child can make it without looking at my phone, I can do that right from the app as well. I absolutely love this app!
I absolutely love this app. It is so very customizable and I’ve been importing / entering recipes for two days straight now. About 20 years ago I tried a meal planning software called MasterCook. It was great for its time, but it was so unwieldy that I soon gave up. Because of that poor experience I have avoided this type of app until now. I use it on my iPad, which means I have a beautifully laid out recipe card to follow. I love that it generates a customizable shopping list that I can send directly to my printer. I’m sure that if I were more organized I would find the pantry portion something I couldn’t live without.... but I’m not there yet. Plus, I’m 67 and if I want something from the store I simply send my husband. For some reason he enjoys getting out of the house! The other thing I just love is that for recipes that I key in myself the app lets me browse and find whatever picture I want to use. And I found some really, really nice pictures. Makes me look like a star! And, last but not least, to be able to back everything up to the cloud so I don’t lose everything the next time I drop my iPad in the pool..... perfect. So, thank you. I almost never ever pay fir an app... but this one is worth every penny.
- Ray Bernardo
- 17.2 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Ray Bernardo
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.