MealBoard - Meal and Grocery Planner
By Ray Bernardo
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you wish meal and grocery planning could be made easier? This app makes it quick and easy!
• Store your recipes
• Create weekly meal plans
• Generate your grocery list
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry!
MealBoard combines recipe management, meal planning, groceries and pantry management into a single app. It is fully customizable. You can manage your recipes, ingredients, food categories, meal types, stores, store aisles, grocery items and many more with its clean, uncluttered interface. Meal and grocery planning will never be easier. With MealBoard, a few taps is all it takes!
• Input your favorite recipes, or import recipes from top recipe websites
• Create meal plans organized by day and meal type
• Reuse meal plans by creating templates
• Generate your grocery list based on the meal plan you created
• Scale grocery quantities by specifying the number of servings you need
• Option to show grocery prices, and total price, for budget-conscious users!
• Shopping list functionality lets you check off grocery items as you shop
• Support for multiple grocery stores
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry
• Use the barcode scanner to input items
• Integrated shopping list and pantry operations. Move your out-of-stock items from the pantry to the shopping list, and move them back to the pantry after you shop!
• Assign recipes to multiple categories
• Search recipes by name or ingredient
• Set up recipe prep notifications to remind you of tasks ahead of time
• Attach a note to a meal
• Easily move meals to another day
• Mark meals as leftovers
• Scale recipe ingredients
• Email recipes, meal plan and shopping list
• Import recipes sent by other MealBoard users
• Print your meal plan and shopping list to an AirPrint-compatible printer
• 4 color themes to choose from
• Clean, uncluttered interface
• Free cloud sync feature that lets you backup your data online
• Sync data between multiple devices
• Input your recipes through the web interface (log in at www.mealboard.com)
• Always have your recipes with you
• By planning your meals, no need to ask yourself what's for dinner!
• Save time by generating your groceries
• Save money by cooking at home
• Eat healthy!
To understand how the app works, a detailed screenshot tutorial can be found at
FAQ and help can be found at
What's New in Version 3.0.2
• Fixed bug that prevents iPad users from adding meal notes and scaling recipes.
• Refreshed user interface, optimized for iOS 8/iPhone 6/6+
• New app icon
• Fixed recipe import problems with some of the supported websites
• New recipe search functionality to search all the supported websites
This is the one, and it's worth it!
I've tried a few free grocery list apps and thought they were fine, but going through grocery lists and meal ingredients was tedious and loathsome (an unavoidable part of life). Then, I'm not even sure how, I stumbled on MealBoard. I had a bit of sticker shock and went to look for further reviews and breakdowns of the app to make sure I felt it was worth it. I can honestly say, it was money well spent. It takes a bit of time to enter recipes, edit the ingredients, etc. (and if your like me, enter photos of each food) but if you log into their website it is soooo much easier. Once that's done, it's just a few taps and your grocery list is done. I haven't entered in all of my pantry items (I'm thinking that's where I'll draw the line) but everything else is so incredibly easy. My only wish is that my wife could just install the app on her phone (without buying it) and we could share the account.
If your grocery list and meal preparation are important to you, do not hesitate to get this app.
And I don't do reviews! This is a first—but this app is really amazing. I selected it following research a couple of years ago for my wife thinking it would be "kinda nice." My wife is super organized, loves her recipes, really cares about her meal planning and has a demanding full time career as a an Psychiatric APRN. I do most of the actual grocery shopping. Wow—she really got serious about using Mealboard and it has amazed me how useful it is. Really exceeded my expectations.
She has learned more and more and has a great data base now. We sync with my our iPhones and iPads. I can not imagine going shopping without using this app now. All our married kids now use it. It was really great for them to be able to log in on "moms" account - do a sync- and immediately get all of her data as a beginning base and then they all continued to modify their own apps on their own after that. Now they all swap and share recipes.
When I help out with cooking (not one of my strong points) I'd be lost without Mealboard.
So we always cook and shop with our iphone or iPad as the main control center.
It takes a little learning curve but the effort you put in returns much more benefits. She can plan out cabin trip menus and gathering menus and just everyday menus and shopping lists really fast. I'm very impressed. It's been a blessing for us.
I highly recommend it!! Well worth it!! Keep up the great job.
LOVE THIS APP, HOWEVER...
I love this app and have recommended it to many women who have downloaded it upon my suggestion but would love to see some additions if possible.
1. An easier way to export all my recipes to my friends who are too busy to duplicate everything I've already entered. One recipe at a time through is quite time consuming when I would like to send about 100 recipes...
2. Somehow give me the ability to interface the calendar with my iOS calendar app. I have a calendar on iOS called 'meals' that I used pre-MealBoard and it would be nice to just be able to link the MealBoard calendar up to that one so I can see it that way.
3. I agree with other reviewers that it would be totally helpful to make the shopping section as much like grocery IQ as possible. I spent years using that app for shopping and love it. Would prefer to have MealBoard be my one stop app for everything.
Thanks again for a great app
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Dec 08, 2014
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 7.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ray Bernardo
- © 2014 Ray Bernardo
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.