Measure Your Land
By Ivan Rublev
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It's a tape measure for planet Earth!
Measure roads, buildings or lands from the bird's eye view.
● Thanks to more than 150 000 people who have chosen “Measure Your Land”!
● “Measure Your Land is the most accurate measurement app” - Best10Apps.com
How to use:
Find an object you are interested in on the map (search bar is draggable from top by a blue knob).
Choose “Line” or “Area” tool in the toolbar.
Tap along the outline of the object you are interested in.
“Measure Your Land” will show the corresponding distance or area.
● Search by zip code or address.
● Send the measure results via email (which can be edited on another device or can be viewed by online service http://ribaba.com/kml).
● A wide array of possible measure systems: International, American, Imperial, Chinese and others, more then 10 for now.
● Additional “Landmark” tool allows to mark objects of interest on the map.
● “Sum” tool allows to summarize measures.
● The application considers Earth’s surface curvature, relying on international WGS-84 standard.
You can get this app from the AppStore for free with all functionality available. The only limitation is that you can't draw more than three figures on one map and save more than three measurements in app's list. To expand these limits please upgrade to MYL Standard or MYL Pro version via In-App Purchase.
Loading satellite maps requires the application to have an Internet connection.
Disclaimer: any data, calculated by this program is relative in nature, for accurate data considering local laws address the local geodesic services!
What's New in Version 3.1.0
- search bug fixed!
- app now works correctly in iOS 6.1
- Japanese language is added
What I was looking for
I operate a feller buncher for a logging crew in south Al., and at times I need to know how far the yardage distance is that I am cutting for where the loader is set up at, and I came across this app, downloaded it and found it was jus what I needed.....it has a....." your location " finder on it, yardage and acreage measurements on it.......Love it, would refer to anybody......no complaints so far.......it seems that some is having trouble with finding their location, if you are using an iPhone, when you open the app and looking at the map screen, rotate your phone counter clockwise, and at the bottom right corner there is an icon like crosshairs, tap it and it will locate you.....( may have to tap a couple of time to get it calibrated to your position.....)
Great measuring tool.
I've bought the pro version but neither the free or pro version shows up on my App Store purchases. Why not?
This app works very well. The map allows zooming to a small enough scale to let me go around large trees when finding vineyard acreage. It would be 5 stars if it allowed you to move points instead of having to erase and redo. It won't give you the exact area as a survey would, but it's quick and dirty and is more than accurate enough for figuring out amounts of nutrients and other needs in conjunction with soil and foliage profiles.
Works very well
Accurate also. It agreed closely with the survey on my 10.6 acre plot of land. I agree with another reviewer that it doesn't zoom in very far. Max zoom on iphone 5 screen is 100 yards.
UPDATE: I was wrong, you can measure smaller distances and areas. It is only limited by the amount assume that you can get, which is a function of the map not the app
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 27, 2013
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 2.8 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Ivan Rublev
- © 2013 Ivan Rublev
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- MYL Standard$3.99
- MYL Pro$9.99
- MYL Special Edition$149.99