Meccanoid - Build and Program Your Own Robot!
By Spin Master Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
You are not just building a Meccanoid Personal Robot, you’re building a friend! Meccanoid is a personality in its own right – with an intelligence shaped by you! Meccanoid tells jokes, plays games, etc…
Meccanoid can be programmed 3 different ways: LIM Programming, Ragdoll Programming, & Behavior Builder. Behavior Builder & Ragdoll Programming can only be activated through the Meccanoid app.
DO YOU HAVE A MECCANOID?
Once you have built your Meccanoid, download the app to unlock additional programming features!
· NEW!!! BEHAVIOUR BUILDER: The Meccanoid App contains a new feature called “Behavior Builder”. Behavior Builder allows you to program your Meccanoid robot to perform actions and wait for triggers to perform new actions. Have your Meccanoid introduce itself and ask for a handshake before telling a funny joke! Press a button on the Meccanoid’s chest to have it initiate an activity. All your previous animations can be inserted into Behavior Builder and become part of the program.
· RAGDOLL: In this mode, you can control Meccanoid’s arm and foot motors to make Meccanoid twist, turn or move any way you want.
· LEARNED INTELLIGENT MOVEMENT: Program movements and sounds by manipulating the robot like a puppet and play them back with a push of a button.
YOU ARE IN CONTROL!
The app allows you to create your own choreographed moves developed by you! Record sound & motor movement and simply play it back.
DO YOU NEED HELP?
· FAQs: Most of the answers you are looking for including device compatibility and how to sync your device are in our FAQs: http://bit.ly/meccanosupport
· HOW TO VIDEOs: http://meccano.com/videos then click on “How to videos”
· INSTRUCTIONS: http://meccano.com/instructions
· SUPPORT: http://www.meccano.com/support or click “Customer Service” in the Meccanoid app
Please visit the support page to make sure your firmware is up to date.
Meccanoid burst on the scene in 2015 and has already won several awards around the globe!
· 2015 Last Gadget Standing at CES (Living in Digital Times)
· 2015 Best of CES 2015 – Best Toy (PC Mag)
· 2015 Top Pick at CES 2015 – Geek Beat TV
· 2015 “2015 Toy Fair Space Age” Award (Space.com)
· 2015 “10 Best Gadgets and Gizmos at Toy Fair” Award (Popular Science)
· 2015 “Best in Class: Education” (Maker Faire Bay Area)
· 2015 Grand Prix du Jouet 2015 (France)
· 2015 Innovation Toy of the Year (Sweden)
Meccanoid is part of Spin Master, a multi-category children's entertainment company. Since 1994, Spin Master has been designing, developing, manufacturing and marketing consumer products for children around the world and is recognized as a global growth leader within the toy industry. Paw Patrol, Air Hogs, Kinetic Sand, Zoomer, and Tech Deck are a few of the Spin Master Brands.
English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Russian, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Japanese, Chinese
With Meccanoid G15 and Meccanoid G15KS as well as Meccanoid 2.0 and Meccanoid XL 2.0
The Meccanoid app is known to be compatible with the following devices: iPad 3 and greater, iPhone 4S and greater, iPod Touch 5G and greater: http://www.meccano.com/meccanoid-meccanoid-app
What's New in Version 2.1.2
- General bug fixes and optimization.
- Check out our updated Behavior Builder Tutorial!
The app allows you to create your own choreographed moves developed, coded & programmed by you! Make your Meccanoid do whatever you want.
Use a visual programming language to make your Meccanoid do whatever you want. Save and load any number of behaviors!
-- Triggers: continue program flow once a servo has been moved a set number of degrees, or use a chest button to continue program flow
-- Output: light up servos, change eye LEDs, change chest button lights, move individual servos, and move individual motors
-- Timers and counters: have the program loop or wait for a period of time
-- Files: insert an animation or play a sound from an animation
-- Help screens to guide new users
See the latest Meccanoid Help:http://bit.ly/meccanosupport
You need a Meccanoid Robot to use the app, you can buy one here: http://www.meccano.com/where-to-buy
Waste of money
App is absolutely horrible. Tutorial takes a very long time to get through. Drone mode also doesn't work with the app so you cannot rebuild the Meccanoid into something new. Online it says you can but they have changed the app so it no longer supports drone mode. I would highly recommend you do not purchase this robot if you read this. Much better integration with other robots on the market.
App crashes every time after just a few minutes
We had very high hopes. The robot was fun but a lot of work to build. Now, though, the app can't get past the tutorial which is lengthy and boring. The app is the only way to program and it doesn't work. So we now have a very labor intensive, worthless robot.
Doesn’t work with newer devices
I have an iPhone 7 Plus and it is not compatible when you try to connect even though the app says it should be. Would give a higher rating if they would make it compatible (this phone has been out long enough for that!).
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 23, 2016
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 320 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Spin Master Limited
- © Copyright Spinmaster Limited 2015 All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.