MedAbbreviations provides instant access to over *fourteen thousand* abbreviations. If you are a medical professional, or if you ever read what a healthcare professional writes, you need to be able to understand those cryptic shorthand scrawls. MedAbbreviations is your solution.
Over 14,000 medical abbreviations: scrollable, searchable, and bookmarkable. Why pay more or get less?
A tool like this is only as good as its consistency. MedAbbreviations is the right tool for the job; competing applications, with significantly smaller databases, have 1/10th the chance of providing you with the explanation you seek every time.
Search by abbreviation via the instant search bar, or scroll with the alphabetical index on the right side. Find what you need, the way you want to find it.
You can add abbreviations to your Favorites list by just double-tapping an entry; a star then appears by its name. Your Favorites list is yours to control, ordered how you want.
Tapping an abbreviation shows a details screen, with the term and its meaning in large print. MedAbbreviations automatically determines whether a Wikipedia article is available for the meaning. Just tap "View in Wikipedia" or "Search in Google" to do so directly from MedAbbreviations.
• 14,079 abbreviations, including medical terms, common shorthand, and professional associations and organizations
• Definitions shown directly in the main list
• View explanations in Wikipedia, with automatic article verification and iPhone-friendly formatting
• Fast search, always available and live updating
• Fast scanning via the alphabetical index
• Favorites list
The abbreviations and definitions will be expanded via free updates. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests, reports, or comments, including any other abbreviations you would like to see included!
Updated for iOS 11+
Ratings and Reviews
I thought this would be useful when transcribing, but so far abbreviations I needed are not found in this app and I have to go to Google instead. I was hoping that would eliminate that for me, but this is not the case. I tried one more time and found the abbreviation I needed, but it was incorrect. So instead I'm just going to use Google instead of using your app as a portal.
Much used app
I'm a nursing student. I use this all the time. Way faster than going to the internet. It doesn't have everything, but its pretty close. Invaluable. Like the integrated web lookup feature.
Almost most of the abbreviations included 👍
i wish to see update activity including even more abbreviations 😉
- Evan Schoenberg, M.D.
- 6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2009-2017 Regular Rate and Rhythm Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.