Media Remote for iPhone
By Sony Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
For iOS 7 users
For users of the MediaRemote remote control function, after updating to iOS 7, re-registration of the device is required.
New “TV SideView" mobile App is coming!
TV SideView is an entertainment application that works with selected Sony home devices such as BRAVIA, Blu-ray Disc(TM) Player, Blu-ray Disc(TM) Home Theater System, Sony internet TV, etc.
With it, you can operate devices easily and enhance your TV watching experience through your smartphone or tablet device.
For existing Media Remote app users, TV SideView app will offer additional functionalities in addition to being able to control Sony home devices.
Media Remote is an application that works with selected Sony home devices like a Blu-ray Disc™ Player or BRAVIA devices, etc.
With it, you can operate your home device via other mobile devices, or you can display information related to the content that you are currently watching on your mobile device.
- Compatible products
Blu-ray Disc™ Player: BDP-S370,S470, S570, S770, S1700, BX37, BX57, S380, S480, S580, S780, BX38, BX58, S390, S490, S590, S790, BX39, BX59
Blu-ray Disc™ Home Theater System: BDV-IZ1000W, HZ970W, E970W, E870, E770W, E670W, E570, E470, E370, T57, F7, F700, F500, E985W, E980W, E980, E880, E780W, E580, E380, T58, L800M, L800, L600, N990W, N890W, N790W, N590, E690, E490, E385, E390, E290, E190, NF720, NF620, EF420, EF220, T79, T39
Streaming Player/Network Media Player: SMP-N100, N200
AV Receiver: STR-DN1020, STR-DN1030, STR-DA1800
BRAVIA: KDL-HX92 series, HX82 series, HX72 series, NX72 series, EX72 series, EX62 series, EX52 series, EX42 series, EX32 series, CX52 series, HX85 series, HX75 series, EX65 series, EX55 series
Sony Internet TV: NSX-24GT1, 32GT1, 40GT1, 46GT1, NSZ-GT1
VAIO: VAIO L (SVL241)
This app is not designed to work with PlayStation®3 or older versions of Sony devices.
- Key features
1. Simple Remote: This allows you to navigate through the graphic user interface. Simply glide your finger over the screen to move the cursor, and tap any place on the screen to enter a selected item.
2. Full Remote: This gives you the option to use almost the same buttons as you would have available on an actual remote control, enabling one touch control of most of the key functions of your Sony devices.
3. Keyboard: to help you type characters more easily, a full QWERTY touch-screen keyboard has been included.
4. Free Cursor Remote: You can move the cursor freely while the browser is displayed on the TV screen.
5. Catch & Throw: You can receive/send the URL of a website between your home device and your mobile device. You can display the website you are currently viewing on the TV on your mobile device or you can display the website you are currently viewing on your mobile device on the TV.
6. Disc History/Disc Information: This will allow you to view information on the movie you are enjoying – allowing you to find information about the cast or director, or find an image of the package. There is also a seamless link to YouTube etc. to search for content related to the movie.
7. Now Playing Bar: You can see information related to the movie or program you are watching, or search for related content. You can also share this information on the content on SNS sites.
8. Game Pad: You can play games or applications on Sony Internet TV using your mobile device as a controller.
- A couple of things you should know
1. "Media Remote" will only work if your mobile device and your home device are on the same wireless network.
2. Some functions may not be available, depending on the home devices you are using.
3. Some functions may not be available in some regions/countries.
4. A seamless link to YouTube etc. is subject to change or termination without notice.
What's New in Version 3.4.1
Supported function to launch "TV SideView".*
* New “TV SideView" mobile App is coming!
No PS3 support = stupid; FIVE Years Later!
UPDATE: it's now been five years. I first downloaded this app in January of 2009, and tried again in 2010. Now it's been five years and you still haven't gotten around to throwing in PS3 support? And now you have the PS4 to worry about so the PS3 will soon be ignored further. I am really disappointed that you never took the time to add PS3 support to this app and it will seriously impact my purchasing decisions in the future. It makes for brand seem cheap and unusable.
Review from 2010:
It's been a while now and there is still no PS3 support, which is still just as absurd as it was a year ago. Why on earth would Sony take the time to manufacture this app and not include the PS3 as a comparable device? I had thought that maybe one day they will fix it, but it's too much to expect I suppose.
Third: So the app works through the network? Well Apple seems quite capable of making apps that work through home networks with a multitude of devices and Logitech made a fantastic app that works with any pc or Mac! Sony, you have both my network and Bluetooth to work with so please stop messing around. Charge me money and I'll pay it, but it should not be too hard for you all to make this app or another support the PS3.
Works for the most part. Could be better.
All of the remote functions work fine with my blu-Ray player. But, I have ever got it to show ANY disc information. Doesn't matter what type of disc is used. Still waiting on an iPad version for this as well. PS3/4 support would be great, but I can live without it. Maybe one of these days the brilliant minds at Sony will put a little effort into working on some of these little things that all of us keep saying in our reviews...but I'll not hold my breath util then.
iPad version please!
This app is nice and actually works great. Sorry to hear other users are having issues. Sony , please listen to the people who request changes or require help. We would all like to see an IPad version soon. C'mon, it's time to keep up with your competitors!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 04, 2013
- Version: 3.4.1
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Sony Corporation
- © 2012 Sony Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.