Media5-fone SIP VoIP Softphone
By Media5 Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The famous SIP Softclient with High Audio Quality for the iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch!
Media5-fone is the best and most comprehensive Mobile VoIP SIP Softphone application that enables you to make and receive free or inexpensive secured phone calls over the Internet using Wi-Fi or Cellular Data connection.
Get a VoIP SIP account with one of the validated SIP Providers and use the Media5-fone SIP Client to start making and receiving calls all around the world.
Compatible Enterprise IP-PBX & SIP servers:
• Nortel CS1K, CS2K, CS5200
• Siemens OpenScape and HiPath
• And many more…
• Easy to configure:
- Flexible Codec selection and prioritization;
- Authentication Username;
- Dial plan;
- Pre-configured list of SIP Service Providers;
- Selectable ringtone;
- Customizable tab bar;
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation / Automatic Microphone Gain Control;
- Highly interoperable.
• Telephony/Communications Features:
- Make and Receive VoIP Calls over Wi-Fi and 3G;
- SIP URI Dialing support (e.g. sip:email@example.com);
- Audio routing (Loudspeaker / Handset / Bluetooth / Wired Headset) / Mute;
- Access to the native contact list;
- Favorites / Speed Dial;
- Call History / Contact management;
- Voicemail integration / notification (SIP MWI);
- Hold / Resume / Redial;
- In call contact picture;
- Configurable DTMF (SIP INFO / RFCs 2833/4733 / RTP Inband);
- Notification Center Support for missed calls, voicemail and registration status;
- Blocked Numbers List.
- Included: G.711 (uLaw & ALaw), iLBC;
- Purchasable: G.722 (Wideband), iSAC (HD), G.729 Annex-B;
- Support for UDP and TCP.
- Call Waiting / 2nd Call / Call Toggle / Call Transfer / Conference;
- Switch between Multiple SIP accounts (one registration at a time);
- Secured SIP Transport (TLS);
- Secured Encrypted Media (SRTP) with SDES;
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), Russian, Turkish.
• See the "Media5-fone support" link below.
• Media5 Corporation is not a telephony provider; you must previously obtain a SIP account from your SIP IP-PBX IT administrator or from your SIP Service Provider. Media5-fone IS OPENED (UNLOCKED) AND THEREFORE NOT ATTACHED TO ANY SIP TELEPHONY PROVIDER.
• Allowing VoIP over Cellular Data – Important note: Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) over their data network or impose additional fees and/or charges when using VoIP over their network. Please ask your mobile network operator before enabling the VoIP over 3G feature.
What's New in Version 4.1.3
• Improved Bluetooth support
• Improved iOS 8 support
Great app but confusing features missing
I love this app and have used it for years. It has weird features that confuse me, though.
1. Why is the contacts view so messed up? Each row is HUGE, and there’s no ABC index on the right side to quickly scroll. This is a huge step back in the new version.
2. Why are recent calls automatically deleted? In today’s world with 128GB iPhones, it seems downright silly to automatically delete items from the list. This has caused all sorts of frustration! There’s a clear button if someone really wanted to clear their history.
3. The favorites animation probably seemed like a cute idea, but it gets boring quickly. I would like to be able to call those numbers quickly! Oh, and I would also like to change the voicemail button on that view. My SIP doesn’t support it.
I still love this app, and it’s the best one out there!
A great app with some free codecs
The Bluetooth issue has been fixed! All is well now :-)
The two complaints of mine are too much white inside (or lack of a darker theme) and the fact that running in background prevents the phone from going dormant (the standby time equals the usage time in iOS statistics), thus leading to extensive battery drain. On the other hand, I'm not able to receive incoming calls without keeping the app in the background. You should really work on some notifications, guys.
No Frills Freebie that Works!
**updating for v4.1.3**
The new logo looks nice, the interface is still incredibly ugly with ads galore; something also changed with the audio-quality, where everything now sounds muffled.
If I immediately switch to Linphone and dial the exact same call, everything then sounds great.
Dropping Media5 to three stars. Thank you for making this free version.
Profoundly ugly logo, an even uglier interface decorated with ads galore, yet, it works great!
This might be the best freebie SIP on the App Store; almost definitely the ugliest.
IPhone 5s IOS 7.1.1
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 01, 2015
- Version: 4.1.3
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Media5 Corporation
- © Copyright 2015 Media5 Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Telephony Pack$0.99
- G.729 Codec$8.99
- Secure Comm. Pack$0.99