By MapPin Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
One-tap, lightning fast wireless FTP transfers of pictures and videos direct to your computer! No need to select images or videos, MediaTransfer automatically sends all new files to your computer each time it runs.
Please read the entire description.
* A single tap to upload, on the MediaTransfer icon. No need to select media.
* Transfer as fast as your network will allow: On local wireless we consistently get over 15Mbps transfer rates on average an 18 at peaks!
* Direct to your computer: No middle man, and your pictures are never on someone else's server!
* Get reminders when it's time to upload again... and tap the reminder to start transferring.
* No limit on your video length or picture sizes.
* All video and picture information embedded by the iPhone (such as Location Data and Orientation) is maintained.
* Automatically transfers only the pictures or videos that have not already been transferred.
* One app that works on your iPad and iPhone
* You set up how you want the app to behave with detailed customization, and then it's designed to be as simple as possible for the user to start.
* To help make configuration easier, you may use iTunes to allow Mebia to detect your PC, however it is not a requirement to use Mebia FTP.
The result: After seting it up the way you want, you have an extremely significant-other friendly app - just run the app.
Important Note: MediaTransfer uses your FTP server to copy your information to your computer. Make sure you have an FTP server up and running, and that you can log into it and transfer files before buying Mebia. We are unable to troubleshoot your FTP server setup. If you have a Mac, please use Mebia Mac - we provide you with a free server!
Why we created it:
In looking at some existing solutions to transferring media pictures & videos, we found that one or more of the following was true:
* You had to select the items you wanted to upload - which is very time consuming.
* You had to upload via someone else’s server - much, much slower than a direct transfer and puts your pictures & videos on someone else’s computer!
* With other apps, there may be limits to the lengths of your videos.
* Some other apps do not retain the things like location, or orientation of your pictures and videos.
Flexible folder/name support:
MediaTransfer allows you to use just a basic transfer of all pictures & videos into a single directory/folder. If you want to, you can separate them out by month, year or day. You can even completely customize filenames and directory structure.
Visit http://www.map-pin.com/ to view demos and tutorials or for more detailed info.
Before posting a bad review, please contact support - we are here, and glad to help.
What's New in Version 2.18
It Even Lets You Upload to a Server
Awesome app. I've been using over a year now to upload my photos to my server (yes a server instead of my computer). I haven't checked recently but when I first started using this app, it did not have instructions for setting up a server which I think would be helpful for first timers. Also, Another thing I would like for them to improve is to automatically make the app close once the photos and videos stop uploading. I like to upload when I go to bed and the my phone's screen stays on until I close the app. I wish they could fix this. A cool addition to the app could allow you to view all of the photos you upload to the computer or server. I think doing this though would require the app to automatically make thumbnails of everything you upload so it doesn't take up so much bandwidth when trying to view everything. Other than those things, I love this app, would definitely recommend it and I will continue using it!!!
First app that I can't live without
Ok, if you take a lot of pic and vid on a 4s, 5, or 5s your storage go up fast, with 1080p vid and 8 megapixel shots, so you ended paying transferring way more often. I have a GoFlex Network storage with FTP capability where I store my picture from my pc to the server, and with this program I do not need to use my pc, I just uploaded directly to the NAS. At 30 Mbs! Best of all, it does not compress the vid or pic as in other apps, (are you listening Seagate?)
I have had this app for over a year now and it has yet to fail me. It sends me a simple notification to back up any new photos to my computer. Best part is it doesn't send me a message every single time I add a photo but it will send me a message either monthly or in batches of photos. In other words it is not a pesky app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 12, 2013
- Version: 2.18
- Size: 3.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jeremy Laurenson
- © 2010 Jeremy Laurenson
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$1.99