Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With revolutionary perspective, Medicá takes a contemporary look at our medical past.
A revealing look at some of history's most innovative, descriptive, and beautiful medical depictions, this appumentary presents over 200 select images from 30 rare volumes that form a quintessential part of the Walker Library's History of Human Imagination. Ranging from one of the earliest depictions of an anatomical dissection in 1495 to the highest resolution brain scan in existence today, the illustrations and prints throughout have been executed with exquisite care and attention to detail.
Renowned for their content and historical context, the works are exhibited within the appumentary according to their identifying themes and keywords in order to enhance this immersive reader-driven experience.
- High-resolution images of historic medical illustrations, sourced directly from the original volumes
- Zoom feature allows for enhanced viewing capabilities and reveals the drawings and prints in explicit detail
- Timeline view allows for linear image correlation and an overview to the development of selected topics
- Informative descriptions give further access to each volume while associated Wiki links provide an opportunity to further explore related topics
Copyright @radical.media LLC
Presented in association with TEDMED & the Walker Library
Photography by Nikolai
All books part of Public Domain except for "Modern Imagery", imagery provided by TEDMED & TheVisualMD.com
What's New in Version 1.01
In this version you will see:
- Validated for iOS version 4.2
- Single tap to enter books
- Various aesthetic design enhancements
- New Selects book, highlighting some of the most impressive excerpts from the collection
Please note: this version opens the app inside of the specially compiled "Medicá Selects" book for a more curated experience. To browse all books, simply tap the screen to invoke the navigation and click on 'Book List'. Enjoy!
Very good . Great historical-medical app. Its free tnx
Looks good but...
Pages aren't showing up! Perhaps it isn't completely compatible with the iPad 3? I wish it would work, looks so interesting.