MedicalSideFx is intended as an aid for discussion with your doctor. This information is not skewed by any commercial interest and reaches you advertisement free. We incorporate the most recent data available from www.fda.org. Please do not stop or start taking any medication without consulting your doctor.
- Provides the most frequent side effects (top 25 number of cases reported) for a specific brand name or generic medicine (prescribed or over the counter such as Acetaminophen, Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Motrin).
- Three separate screens display symptoms reported, cases reported by year and age groups affected.
- Search results in "one medicine name" and "two medicine name" mode can be filtered by AgeGroups and Year
- The comparison perspective can be swapped to compare the top adverse events on the left column to that of the right column
- Valuable 'two-medicine' comparison feature allows you to see differences in side effects between two medicines.
- The Display Meaning feature makes it easy to understand the phrases in the symptoms reported.
- Very easily email the side effects results to your physician or doctor to communicate and discuss.
- To search for side effects of a medicine, just start typing into the text box.
- To compare two medicines type two medicine names into the textbox separated with a comma.
- On the Symptoms screen , press the symptom you want to find the meaning for.
1. App is now fully supported on iPad
2. Search results in "one medicine name" and "two medicine name" mode can be filtered by AgeGroups and Year
3. The comparison perspective can be swapped to compare the top adverse events on the left column to that of the right column
Ratings and Reviews
Great product. Easy to use. Love the email feature.
Fantastic app! Extremely useful and easy to navigate. Learn a drug's side effects and their prevalence in an instant! Particularly helpful is, that by simply holding your finger on the often technical "side effect", it will display the definition in lay men's terms!
Fast, simple, pertinent information that facilitates better decision-making!
Extremely simple to use and well designed. Very valuable info and can't wait to use it more. When is the next version coming?
- Sanjay Subramanian
- 5.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014 Sanjay Subramanian
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.