Before you buy, please expand this description and check that your computer matches or exceeds each of the requirements listed.
Rally to the standard and light up the Dark Ages in this classic Total War game of real-time battles and turn-based strategy.
As a warrior king, expand your area of influence and consolidate power with an artful mix of diplomacy, commerce and war.
Rule wisely across the campaign map to build your empire’s infrastructure, cities and trade routes, then master the art of diplomacy to disarm enemies, empower allies and gain the favour of the Pope. On the battlefield, conduct siege warfare and lead your armies into epic clashes to bring entire kingdoms to their knees.
Important information regarding Medieval II: Total War:
The game is supported on the following Macs. To check your Mac model and when it was released, select About This Mac from the Apple menu on your menu bar.
• All MacBooks released since Early 2015
• All MacBook Airs since Mid 2012 (1)
• All 13" MacBook Pros released since Mid 2012 (1)
• All 15" MacBook Pros released since Mid 2012
• All Mac minis released since Late 2012 (1)
• All 21.5" iMacs released since Late 2012 (1)
• All 27" iMacs released since Late 2012
• All 27" iMac Pros released since Late 2017
• All Mac Pros released since Mid 2010 with an AMD 7950 graphics card (Mac Edition)
(1) Models with an Intel HD Graphics 4000 or HD Graphics 5000 graphics card require at least 8GB of RAM
• Minimum System Requirements:
◦ Processor: 1.8GHz
◦ RAM: 4GB
◦ Graphics: 512MB
◦ macOS: 10.14
◦ Free Space: 30GB
Check the Feral website for more detailed specifications.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Case-sensitive.
© 2007–2018 The Creative Assembly Limited. Total War, Medieval: Total War, and the Total War logo are trade marks or registered trade marks of The Creative Assembly Limited in the United Kingdom and/or other countries. SEGA is registered in the U.S Patent and Trademark Office. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either trade marks or registered trade marks of SEGA Corporation. Originally developed by The Creative Assembly Limited. Developed for and published on Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Updates the game from 32-bit to 64-bit.
• Uses the Metal graphics API instead of OpenGL
Ratings and Reviews
RTS Gamer Opinion
I must say, this was my first ever RTS game and I loved it. The numerous campaign options, the maps for every campaign are beautifully designed and the battles could not be more epic, granted I do wish some of the battle mechanics as far as unit engagement, would be upgraded where one member of a unit engaging stops the charge. But all in all, I bought it again after 5 years and I still love it. I would recommend this game to everyone, PC or MAC.
Looked like a nice game...
If I ever get to play it. Tried to download the game and kept getting a message that "disk is full" even though I had >120GB available. Contected customer support and they did help me to correct that so I could begin the download. That's all I can do, begin the download. There is no pause if your connection gets disrupted...have to start downloading the whole 30 GB again. So farm my record is 15 GB, then for some reason it resets and I have to start over. I don't usually write reviews, and hate to write bad ones, but how can you even sownload this game when every glitch results in having to start the whole download process again?
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with the App Store installation process.
If you are still having problems, please contact us directly via email@example.com and we'll be happy to help you get the game installed.
Love this game so much. The tactics set it apart from other games like Age of Empires, etc. Battles are intense. You need to focus on the strengths and weaknesses of your units, while doing the same for the enemy. A key element to fighting is the morale of your men. In this game, you must focus on your military might, diplomacy, trade, and your interactions with the Pope, which makes this game multidimensional. Lots of scenarios to do if you get the expansion pack as well. Altogether, I highly recommend this game.
- Feral Interactive Ltd
- 25.7 GB
macOS 10.14 or later
English, Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- ©The Creative Assembly Limited. Developed and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.