Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics by 10% Happier
By Change Collective
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A clear, simple approach to meditation with a NY Times bestselling author and some of the most respected (and cool) meditation teachers on the planet.
No need to carve out a ton of time or ‘clear your mind’.
What happens when a news anchor (Dan Harris of ABC News) has an on-air panic attack? Long story short - he finds meditation. In this app, Dan teams up with teachers like Joseph Goldstein and Sharon Salzberg to help us learn meditation or (if you already meditate) up your game.
** #1 Top listed app in New York Times ‘How to Meditate’ guide, September 2016
** Featured for ‘emergency election stress’ meditations in The Washington Post, October 2016
** #1 in Apple’s ‘New Apps We Love’, May 2016
** Launched on ABC’s Good Morning America, September 2015
Here’s what’s inside:
- Learn For Free: Free download and includes a free 7 session course ‘The Basics’ and other free meditations.
- Daily Videos: Short conversations designed to get across the key aspects of the practice in the simplest possible way.
- Guided Audio Meditations: Our teachers walk you through meditation in the simplest possible way.
- Practical Topics: Learn how to apply mindfulness to your relationships, eating, work and more.
- New Content Monthly: We dream up new and crazy content to keep meditation from becoming a chore.
- Just Meditate: Access meditations that you can fit into your commute or lunch break, even if you only have a few minutes. (Yes, this counts.)
- Coaching: As you dive into meditation, questions may arise. Your coach (a real human, not a robot) can help (but won't be annoying).
- Mindful Minutes: Keep track of your meditation progress by integrating with the Apple Health app
"Just give it a shot and you probably won't regret it. Other apps get a bit too touchy-feely whereas this one is very straightforward and no nonsense."
“Best meditation app I've ever used. I've tried lots, but never stuck with it. Until now. This isn't simply a guided voice or nice background. This app helps you learn HOW to meditate and builds from there. Answers so many questions about meditating I always had. I've been using it two months consistently and my insomnia is gone. If you've ever been curious about practicing meditation, start with this app.”
About 10% Happier, the book:
In his #1 New York Times Bestselling book 10% Happier, ABC News anchor Dan Harris explores how his on-air panic attack in 2004 prompted him to search for a way to defang the voice in his head. He found meditation, and it's helped him be less yanked around by his emotions.
About 10% Happier, the podcast:
Top #10 podcast in Health. In the 10% Happier podcast, Dan talks with smart people about whether there's anything beyond 10%. Basically, here's what the podcast is obsessed with: Can you be an ambitious person and still strive for enlightenment (whatever that means)?
What's New in Version 4.0.8
You might notice a little bit of tidying/tightening with this release, but most of the recent changes happened behind the scenes. This builds on our last big update, which includes:
* A New Look - to make things more intuitive and friendly, we've revamped the entire course experience
* Offline Access - by popular request, you can now download a course (video + audio) for offline listening
* 1 Tap to Play - we've streamlined the day-to-day experience so you can open the app and tap once to play both the video and the meditation
* Favorite Any Meditation - you can now bookmark meditations from any course so you have quick access to all of your favorites
* Shorts! - this update includes some new meditation "shorts" (quick meditations if you don't have much time)
Check it all out, keep the feedback coming to firstname.lastname@example.org, and stay tuned for more courses (and app updates) coming soon…
This app helps me be a better person and definitely happier, as long as I stick to it. Love the redesign and new content. Keep up the good work, it's truly helpful!
Great customer support
Support staff answered a series of questions same day I asked, and the answers were very helpful. I recommend this app.
This is one of the best meditation apps I've found! I will recommend it to anyone interested in meditation.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 13, 2017
- Version: 4.0.8
- Size: 136 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Change Collective, Inc.
- © 2017 Change Collective
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 10% Happier Subscription$9.99
- 10% Happier Subscription$79.99
- 10% Happier Subscription$9.99