Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics by 10% Happier
By Change Collective
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Clear and simple meditation. Learn to meditate and improve your practice with New York Times bestselling author Dan Harris and some of the most respected (and cool) meditation teachers. Designed for skeptics, built for a lifetime of mindfulness.
- Free ongoing access to our 7-session introductory course and mindful meditations.
- Daily videos to teach you meditation in the simplest way possible.
- Guided audio meditations for coping with anxiety and political stress, and for activities like walking and falling asleep.
- New content monthly to keep meditation from becoming a chore.
- Practical advice for applying mindfulness to your relationships, eating, work, and more.
- Quick meditations that fit into your busy life—during your commute, lunch break, etc.
- Free access to a meditation coach (a real human, not a robot).
- Offline access to guided meditations and videos.
- Apple Health App integration for tracking your progress.
** #1 Top listed app in New York Times ‘How to Meditate’ guide
** #1 in Apple’s ‘New Apps We Love’
** Featured for ‘emergency election stress’ meditations in The Washington Post
** Launched on ABC’s Good Morning America
Subscription & Pricing:
About 10% Happier, the book:
In his #1 New York Times bestseller, 10% Happier, ABC news anchor Dan Harris explores how his on-air panic attack in 2004 prompted him to search for a way to defang the voice in his head. He found meditation, and it's helped him be less yanked around by his emotions.
About 10% Happier, the podcast:
In his top-ranking podcast, Dan talks with smart people about whether there's anything beyond 10%. Basically, here's what the podcast is obsessed with: Can you be an ambitious person and still strive for enlightenment (whatever that means)?
If you’re enjoying the app, please (re)post a review. It really helps!
Questions/technical support? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter: @10percent, Facebook: @10percenthappier, Instagram: 10percent
What's New in Version 4.0.8
You might notice a little bit of tidying/tightening with this release, but most of the recent changes happened behind the scenes. This builds on our last big update, which includes:
* A New Look - to make things more intuitive and friendly, we've revamped the entire course experience
* Offline Access - by popular request, you can now download a course (video + audio) for offline listening
* 1 Tap to Play - we've streamlined the day-to-day experience so you can open the app and tap once to play both the video and the meditation
* Favorite Any Meditation - you can now bookmark meditations from any course so you have quick access to all of your favorites
* Shorts! - this update includes some new meditation "shorts" (quick meditations if you don't have much time)
Check it all out, keep the feedback coming to email@example.com, and stay tuned for more courses (and app updates) coming soon…
My daily practice
Simply put, adding a daily meditation practice has been life-changing for me. Much of this is due to this app. I started meditating after reading Dan Harris's book, "10% Happier" (which I also highly recommend). The first app I latched onto, for guided meditation/learning, was 1 Giant Mind. It's an excellent start, but I soon found myself feeling as if I was "plateauing", with my practice.
I switched over to 10% Happier, and fully believe the app is underselling itself, through its name. :) Seriously, I feel like I'm about 75-90% happier. After meditating 1-2 times every day, for more than 1 year, my life is completely different. I dealt with significant depression and frustration issues. But I can't remember the last time I felt depressed; and any episode I may have encountered certainly didn't last for more than a few hours. This is a significant improvement, considering my depressive episodes used to last weeks or months.
I'm not saying it will work for everyone. But it sure is worth a shot.
This is a great app, with lots of content. I find myself repeating the "Mindfulness Meditation" timer usually - for 20-30 minute sessions, depending on the time I have. The longer, the better.
It worked for this fidgety skeptic! 🙌
When I first heard about this app and saw the tag line "meditation for fidgety skeptics" I was intrigued and decided to give it a try. I had been failing at meditation for years. I matter what I tried (doing alone, guided, various apps, etc). I had given up and decided it just didn't work for me and never would because my mind was too busy.
Immediately I saw that this was different. Dan made me laugh with his commentary and experience and the interviews with him and Jospeh were very helpful and entertaining. I finally realized that it's normal to experience the restlessness and busy mind and that it didn't mean I was doing it wrong. I'm certainly no where need "enlightened" but I continue my practice almost daily with the app and have noticed many positive changes in my thoughts and emotions. I don't know if I'm 10 % Happier but I'm definitely 10% less crazy!
Investing in the membership is well worth the money. They are constantly adding in new content. I have not even gone through a fraction of it yet so I know I'll never get bored. I don't usually write reviews but I have to for this because it's really that good.
Loving this app and also Dan Harris
I downloaded this app and read Dan's book after hearing an impressive interview with him and Charlie Rose about his meditation journey (for the record, Dan was way more impressive than Charlie Rose). I have been engaged with meditating in some minimal way or another with since my mother dragged me to a TM meditation session in Brooklyn when I was 12 (WAY over my 12 yr old head). I've tried since, here and there, to learn more about meditating and gain some of its benefits. To be honest Dan's material is the only one to date that I've stuck with and recommended to others. He's funny and relatable and you get a sense - certainly than most meditation spokespeople- that he is GENUINELY trying to share something that he feels lucky to have experienced and is not just trying to sell something or sound high and mighty. I'll admit I sort of developed a Dan crush and was bummed to hear that he wasn't single (I was happy for him of course, on a cosmic level), but who cares so long as it was leading me to gain from his wisdom. Honestly this guy really is worth listening to as are the people he has included in his program. I am grateful to them all.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 13, 2017
- Version: 4.0.8
- Size: 136 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Change Collective, Inc.
- © 2017 Change Collective
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 10% Happier Subscription$9.99
- 10% Happier Subscription$79.99
- 10% Happier Subscription$9.99