Advanced/Paramedic NCD for Pneumothorax critical skills explained and tested in detail.
The Paramedic task of Needle Chest Decompression is fully illustrated using 3D graphics and the critical skills are tested using interactive exercises. This Needle Chest Decompression lesson includes: verifying the presence of tension pneumothorax, identifying where and how to insert the needle, and performing the chest decompression procedure.
Medrills, presented by Archie MD, provides compelling training material for preventive and general medical tasks such as obtaining IV access, performing CPR, or using an AED. The app is dedicated to an individual medical task and includes:
1. An instructional animation providing a deep understanding of the medical task.
2. Training with interactive exercises which enable practicing the task to prepare for assessment.
3. In app purchase of $2.99 for a testing section to evaluate the user’s knowledge and skill level of a particular task. Score above 85% with no critical task failures to receive a certificate for nationally recognized 2 CEH advanced credit hours certified by CECBEMS.
NOTE – IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CEH CREDIT HOURS AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF $2.99 MUST BE MADE AS AN IN-APP PURCHASE. USERS WHO DO NOT PURCHASE THE CEH AND TESTING MODE MAY VIEW THE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO AND TRAINING MODE BUT WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN A CECBEMS ACCREDITED COURSE.
CECBEMS verifies that sound education principles have been demonstrated in the development of this educational offering as evidenced by the review of its objectives, teaching plan, faculty, and program evaluation processes. CECBEMS does not endorse or support the actual opinions or material content as presented by the speaker(s) and/or sponsoring organization.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the ap, however there are a couple things that do not work. Needle angle is 90 degrees and is marked wrong , pulse palpating does not work on only one of testing questions (there are two) and when I listen to lung sounds and press the speaker it marks it as one wrong also.
Great training resource
Animations are fantastic. Training mode allows you to actually practice a task on your iPad. Very clever App. Hope they make more.
Best ncd training available
- ArchieMD Inc
- 35.3 MB
- Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © ArchieMD
- In-App Purchases
- Needle Chest Decompression: Testing and 2.0 CEH Advanced Credit Certificate $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.