MEDICINE TRACKER FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY – MEDS ALERT
Meds Alert schedules and tracks pills intake and temperature readings for your whole family so you have less to worry and more time to spend with your loved ones.
It’s designed to match the iOS 7+ look and feel, with a clean and responsive interface.
From free text notes to exact timers, Meds Alert helps you remember what is important for you, without getting in the way. It learns new medicine as you add prescriptions for them, detects temperature readings and medicine in notes and automatically creates a colour code for your pills so they are easier to remember.
It’s probably hard enough to understand your doctor’s handwriting, but if you do, Meds Alert will automatically schedule the meds for you. Just type ‘after dinner’, ‘three times a day’ or ‘at 13:37’ and let it create notifications for you at just the right times. It will also learn your preferences if you choose to manually adjust the schedule.
Full feature list :
• schedule pills using natural language. Just type ‘after dinner’, ‘three times a day’ or ‘at 13:37’ or use the custom time picker
• manage prescriptions for the whole family. Add every member of your family and track their pill schedules independently.
• receive notifications for scheduled pills even when the app is not running. You can take action right from the notification, without starting the app : Snooze, Take or Skip
• custom interface for Apple Watch
• see your schedule in a dedicated calendar view
• manually readjust the schedule if needed and it will automatically reschedule future reminders
• take notes and temperature readings and later discuss them with your doctor. You can even add notes at a later time and adjust time to match the event afterwards.
• automatically create notes when you mark a pill as taken ( swipe in calendar view )
• create visual reminders for your pills by automatically associating a colour code for each drug
• detect temperature readings in both Celsius and Fahrenheit and mark high fever automatically
• link with HealthKit to store temperature readings and offer a more personal interface
• export data in readable form and share it with any application
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
• body temperature readings
• biological sex
• date of birth
• medication used
What we do with the information we gather
We need this information to offer you a more personal experience with the app, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Body temperature readings will be saved to the Health store on devices running iOS 9+ that support the functionality to maintain a history of measurements
• Biological sex and date of birth are read (if available) from the Health store on devices running iOS 9+. This information is used to provide a more personal experience with the app : different avatar pictures and it is not vital for the application functionality.
• Medication used is the main purpose of this application. It stores prescriptions and sets reminders to take the prescription items.
The information is only stored on your device and it is not sent to any online or offline services or apps.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• you can use the standard privacy options on iOS 9+ to allow or deny Meds Alert access to the health store.
• you can add and remove prescription items from the app
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- bug fixes
- option to remove ads
Ratings and Reviews
Integrated with HealthKit
This is a fairly new app, with a few minor issues I can see at the moment:
- There's no way to get your data out of the app—for example, to send your doctor a list of your meds or a log of the times you've taken your meds in the last month
- If you've marked some medications as "taken" ahead of the reminder, the reminder won't be canceled
- I suspect most people will use the app to mark their meds "taken," yet the primary screen—the one you see when you launch the app—is the notes screen, not the reminders screen
- You can't "take" a medication "as needed"—it must be on a schedule
- You can't snooze reminders
- You can't set the time taken if not "now"
- Entering dosing schedules is difficult because the app uses natural language entry instead of pickers
This is the only app in its category (as far as I've found) that integrates with HealthKit; unfortunately, HealthKit doesn't seem to sync medication data yet. I'm interested in seeing where this goes.
Cannot access or download items on this app. Doesn't work.
- Horia Beschea
- 28.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Horia Beschea Liviu
- In-App Purchases
- Meds Alert Premium Upgrade $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.