Welcome to MekaMon—your multi-functional, connected, augmented reality robot.
Advance to the next level with MekaMon, a robotics platform that fuses real world play with augmented reality gaming, battling and much more—all controlled by your smartphone or tablet.
• FREE DRIVE: Sandbox piloting—take control of your MekaMon and adjust height, gait, and stance, in a free-play exploratory piloting mode with no limits.
• MEKAMOTION: Create custom motions for your Meka, then share them online! Browse public motions, and play them instantly on your Meka. Comment, like, and build upon each other's work.
• BATTLE: Local 1v1, Meka-vs-Meka, battle—a new hybrid of gameplay genres mixes real-time tactical mech warfare with the strategy and depth behind collectable card games. Easy to pick up, difficult to master.
• AR BATTLE: Augmented Reality single-player survival mode—Hone your piloting skills against wave after wave of enemies in a king-of-the-hill training simulation.
• ARCADE: Mini-game central! Play Arcade mini-game classics. Quick to start, fun to play, and always updated with new titles.
• PROGRESSION: As your skill as a pilot increases, so does the synergy with your MekaMon. Unlock talents and abilities to bolster your MekaMon’s abilities, and gain access to new skills and load-outs.
- Hotfix for rendering issue on some devices in Meteoroids.
Ratings and Reviews
Review update: Incredible
After the firmware fix I immediately went to start controlling the robot. $300 spent was instantly justified after I looked at the wealth of animations and user control options. You can literally control almost every aspect of movement apart from individual leg control (which I’d imagine would be difficult controlling anyway). Animations are a sight to behold as this robot has amazing personality in its fully articulated legs.
As this has just been released late last year, there’s not too much going on the games department yet. What is there now is still a lot of fun as you can earn research points to buy upgrades to your robot to use during battles in single and multiplayer.
Since I’m the only idiot that’s dumb enough to spend $300 on a toy robot in my area, it will be a long time before I can find someone to battle with. That being said, this is not some cheap automated R/C toy you’d find at Walmart or Target. This is the real deal. This is a professional toy robot with amazing features and personality. No regrets.
Thanks a lot Jake. We're committed to continually releasing regular updates to our games and other experiences. With respect to animations and leg control, we're planning an update for March that should provide a lot of fun in that respect! We're also working really hard on a huge update to Battle, though you might have to find some people to play with! :D
First effort is great!
The MekaMon is great fun...especially for a 67-year old geek! As a student I was fascinated by Basic, Fortran and Pascal but never used it again after my TRS-80 died. But this robot offers a way to get back into programming using Swift!
The MekaMon application itself allows the robot to perform over 60 unique motions plus it includes the battleground and AR games. And the MekaMon Swift Playground allows the user to learn and program some of those 60+ movements using Swift. The company promises to release more info and, hopefully, a list of all functions and operations available using Swift as well as more games, too.
The app does not aloud to connect the robot neither to sign up....very frustrating for a 8 year old kid; his toughs “looked nice” but doesn’t work
Have you spoken to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org? If you're having problems with connectivity, it might be a problem with the robot, which we can replace ASAP.
- Reach Robotics Limited
- 495.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Reach Robotics Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.