Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Mellel is a sophisticated, time-tested and reliable word processor, especially designed to handle long and complicated documents, books, manuscripts, dissertations, and more.
Mellel comes equipped with a superb set of tools for the job, allowing you to control every little aspect of your footnotes, track changes, cross-reference, table of contents, citations, images, bibliography, sorting, styles, lists, and so on - while keeping things well in control via its winning outline pane.
• A real work-horse: Mellel will remain agile and reliable even whether you're working on a simple letter or a 400 pages long manuscript with hundreds of notes, images, citations, headings and cross-references
• Reliability: Mellel works as promised. It doesn't crash, nor will it harm your documents. If you're looking for a tool to trust your valuable manuscript with - Mellel is it
• True multilingual support: Mellel was written from the ground up as a multilingual word processor. It offers the best support for languages such as Arabic, Hebrew and Syriac, not to mention Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Greek, Cyrillic languages, and so on
Advanced Writing Tools
• Footnotes and Endnotes: Mellel offers the best set of tools for footnotes and endnotes, with quality layout and control over every aspects of notes - including support for multiple note streams
• Cross Reference: Another best-of-breed feature. Reference everything, anywhere in your document, including parts you haven't written yet (virtual targets)
• Headings and titles: Yet another superb tool allowing you perfect control over style, numbering, repeating elements, and so on
• Bibliography support: Mellel supports Live Bibliography, citations, bibliography creation, scan re-scan and unscan, setting your own automatic styling for citations and bibliography, and other advanced bibliography features
• Table of contents: Mellel allows you to design your table of contents, create and update your ToC in a matter of seconds
• Word Count: Mellel doesn't just count words, it also allows you to set what to count, and enumerate citations, tables, images, headings and footnotes
• Complete paragraph control: Mellel's paragraph styles allow you to control hyphenation, keep with, spacing, alongside all the other standard features
• Text Control: With Mellel you can easily control how your text will look, from text stroke to baseline shift to the colour, thickness and shape of your double underline
• Graphics and images: allows you to set wrapping of text around images, frame, fill and opacity and many other features. Plus, it actually works instead of messing up your document
• Running headers: have your headers change with the chapters and sub-chapters in the document
Manage Your Document
• Outline: allows you to view your entire document, organise and reorder it
• Track Changes: allows you to track changes, and collaborate easily with multiple editors and writers
• Style sets: enables you to manage and streamline your page, column, note, list, paragraph, and character styles - and keep them consistent between documents
• Find and replace: Mellel supports a regular expression like language, and also allows you to save find actions and organise them in sets you can run once to make multiple changes
What's New in Version 3.4.0
• Export outline to PDF: Mellel will now allow you to export our outline to PDF, displayed as bookmark. This new feature will allow you to set if you wish to include bookmarks when exporting and if to list tag flows (e.g., image captions, characters in the text, and so on) separately.
• Export annotations to PDF: Mellel will now let you export annotations, regardless of the state of their display when exporting to PDF.
• Mellel is now 64/32 bit universal binary, including QuickLook and Spotlight plug-ins. Things will get faster.
• Language handling improvements: including a better definition of None language, and improved handling of text pasted from RTF and html.
• Improved image handling: now using an 8 handles system. Should work more nicely
• Revised and improved positioning of pages are positioned in the document view.
• Improved handling and detection of clicks outside pages for better selection behaviour.
• Improved Find Set interaction: To start, the Find Set is about Mellel will now allow stopping of a Find Set when it is run, a smooth animation and display of the log while the Find Set is run, and improved performance — roughly 60 percent fast by our tests.
• Revised and improved Scroll to show (this is the scrolling done when searching and navigating in the document)
• Document window and Find Sets window are now Yosemite friendly (in terms of how they look).
• Improved font substitution: for characters not supported by selected font. Mellel will now consider boldness of the font, etc.
• Improved missing font substitution: Mellel will try to match the face (bold, italic etc) of the substitute font with the face of the original font.
• Renamed Copy/Paste Special menu items to include the word Copy or Paste for better clarity and to allow assigning keyboard shortcuts to them.
• Improved rendering of letters+combining marks (accents) for non-OpenType fonts.
Do yourself a big favor
The so-called industry standard word processor pales in comparison to this product. Instant page refresh on 400+ page documents is only the beginning. Stable, reliable, fast - if you write novels or complex documents (perfect for graduate students) and are tired of program crashes, indiscriminate style changes, sluggish page refresh and loading, this should be your first choice. Now with an iPad version as a portable companion, there is no excuse for not writing the next great American novel or finishing that doctoral thesis.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 15, 2015
- Version: 3.4.0
- Size: 101 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Ori Redler
- © 2002-2015 RedleX
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later