Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Mellel is a sophisticated, time-tested and reliable word processor, especially designed to handle long and complicated documents, books, manuscripts, dissertations, and more.
Mellel comes equipped with a superb set of tools for the job, allowing you to control every little aspect of your footnotes, track changes, cross-reference, table of contents, citations, images, bibliography, sorting, styles, lists, and so on - while keeping things well in control via its winning outline pane.
• A real work-horse: Mellel will remain agile and reliable even whether you're working on a simple letter or a 400 pages long manuscript with hundreds of notes, images, citations, headings and cross-references
• Reliability: Mellel works as promised. It doesn't crash, nor will it harm your documents. If you're looking for a tool to trust your valuable manuscript with - Mellel is it
• True multilingual support: Mellel was written from the ground up as a multilingual word processor. It offers the best support for languages such as Arabic, Hebrew and Syriac, not to mention Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Greek, Cyrillic languages, and so on
Advanced Writing Tools
• Footnotes and Endnotes: Mellel offers the best set of tools for footnotes and endnotes, with quality layout and control over every aspects of notes - including support for multiple note streams
• Cross Reference: Another best-of-breed feature. Reference everything, anywhere in your document, including parts you haven't written yet (virtual targets)
• Headings and titles: Yet another superb tool allowing you perfect control over style, numbering, repeating elements, and so on
• Bibliography support: Mellel supports Live Bibliography, citations, bibliography creation, scan re-scan and unscan, setting your own automatic styling for citations and bibliography, and other advanced bibliography features
• Table of contents: Mellel allows you to design your table of contents, create and update your ToC in a matter of seconds
• Word Count: Mellel doesn't just count words, it also allows you to set what to count, and enumerate citations, tables, images, headings and footnotes
• Complete paragraph control: Mellel's paragraph styles allow you to control hyphenation, keep with, spacing, alongside all the other standard features
• Text Control: With Mellel you can easily control how your text will look, from text stroke to baseline shift to the colour, thickness and shape of your double underline
• Graphics and images: allows you to set wrapping of text around images, frame, fill and opacity and many other features. Plus, it actually works instead of messing up your document
• Running headers: have your headers change with the chapters and sub-chapters in the document
Manage Your Document
• Outline: allows you to view your entire document, organise and reorder it
• Track Changes: allows you to track changes, and collaborate easily with multiple editors and writers
• Style sets: enables you to manage and streamline your page, column, note, list, paragraph, and character styles - and keep them consistent between documents
• Find and replace: Mellel supports a regular expression like language, and also allows you to save find actions and organise them in sets you can run once to make multiple changes
What's New in Version 3.3.8
• Resolved a problem that caused artifacts to appear when working with longer documents at zoom levels other than 100%.
• Fixed a bug that cause Mellel to crash when pressing the arrow keys in the find field under some very specific circumstances.
• Fixed a bug that caused the iCloud menu to appear empty sometimes.
• Fixes an issue that caused cashes when receiving updates from iCloud.
• Fixed some minor memory leaks.
• Fixed a bug that caused crashes sometimes with documents containing many citations.
The undo command does not work properly. If you change a font and suddenly your whole document looks horrible and hit the undo command it removes the last thing you typed rather than undoes the font change.
There does not appear to be any manual for this program and the online help is remarkably useless. For example: I wanted to do a table of contents so I typled “Table of Contents” into the help search field. The help function then showed me where “Table of Contents” is listed in the “Insert” menu. But “Table of Contents” is grayed out and the help function gives no explaination why it is grayed out, how get it so it is not grayed out, or what will happen if it is not grayed out and you select it. Similarly there seems to be a way to list figures but there is no entry at all for “Figures” in the help function.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 07, 2015
- Version: 3.3.8
- Size: 104 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Ori Redler
- © 2002-2015 RedleX
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later