Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mellel, the most powerful word-processor for the Mac, comes to the iPad. Built for long and complex documents, Mellel allows you to create documents with style, sophistication, and consistency. What’s even better, Mellel for iPad will gradually incorporate advanced features added to its Mac counterpart.
Enjoy full compatibility: All the attributes set on Mellel for Mac are compatible and will be maintained on Mellel for iPad - and vice versa. At home with a Mac or on the top of the Mont Blanc with your iPad, you can now work on your documents, keeping your cross-references, citations, images, captions, custom auto-titles, notes and so on intact.
Power at your fingertips: Mellel supports several powerful features, allowing you to access some high-end word-processing features while enjoying the iPad ease-of-use:
• Outline: Easily navigate your entire document via the Outline
• Auto-titles: Easily add headings to structure your document
• Find and Replace: Find any word, anywhere in your documents
• Track-Changes: Track changes you and others make in a document
• Comments: Add comments to your document
• Notes: Easily add footnotes, endnotes, author notes, and more
• Tables: Insert and edit tables in your document
• Word count: Count words, paragraphs, lines, notes, and more
• Special characters: Use the Insert strip to easily insert special characters and symbols
• Zoom: Examine details or zoom out to 4-up view, to view your entire document flow.
• Document viewer: Add, duplicate, delete, name and rename your docuemnts
Styling is easy: Mellel's powerful styles will allow you to style your documents on-the-fly or using styles, allowing you to maintain consistency and apply a myriad of changes all at once:
• Character: Apply character styles or set the font, font face, size and other attributes yourself
• Paragraph: Apply paragraph styles or set the alignment, line spacing and direction yourself
• Images: Add images to your document, and move them around
• Text boxess: edit and manipulate text boxes
• Lists: Start, stop, increase and decrease lists, and apply list styles
• Section: Apply section styles to set two, three or four columns in any section of the document
• Page: Apply page style, to change the margins, headers and footers and other attributes
• Marking: Mark text easily and quickly.
iCloud: Turn on iCloud to make your documents automatically available on your Mac:
• Save your documents to iCloud Drive, DropBox, Box, etc. from your iPad or your Mac...
• ... And easily open them from iCloud Drive, DropBox, Box, etc. on your Mac or your iPad
• Save files as PDF from Mellel for iPad
• Send your documents via eMail anywhere
What's New in Version 3.5.2
• Fixed an issue that enabled pasting text with track changes into comments, leading to documents that couldn't be re-opened once saved
• Fixed some misc crashes on Mac & iOS
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to sometimes crash when manipulating tables inside footnotes and endnotes
• Fixed a problem that caused Mellel to crash after redoing/undoing table manipulations in the document main text
• Fixed an issue that caused the cursor not to blink when positioned inside an empty auto-title title in a RTL paragraph
Rock solid word processor
The Mac version is fantastic and this looks to be taking that and giving us a great piece of software that works and doesn't rely on a subscription. So get it.
IPad Mac versions of powerful multilingual word processor
If you do academic writing, and you want to use either iPad or Mac (whichever is available at the time) on the same documents (not copies) -- this is it. Yes I wish it were a more standard format -- I have had little problems exporting to .RTF though. Forget the jumping through the export/ input hoops. And you do not have to sync Scrivener style either. (I love Scrivener by the way -- it just does not really support local and non local edits of one document). And all of of know the the problems of working with various incantations of Microsoft Word. Unless Nisus Writer Pro offers a iPad version -- I will use Mellel.
Mellel for iPad is also does an incredible job of hiding complex abilities within a sparse looking interface.
If you just do simple letters, you might stick with Pages.