By Patrick Q. Kelly
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
50% OFF SUMMER SALE
The easiest way to write a melody and hear it played on the piano. Instantly transpose it to any key. Play along on your transposing instrument.
Write a melody in the language of music, standard music notation. Write in Treble, Alto, Tenor or Bass clef. Instantly change a melody's clef. Another touch and you can play along on your Ab, Eb, Bb, F, C, G, D, A, or E instrument.
• Transpose your melody to ANY tonic note. Transposing a melody will keep its theoretical relationships based on the written tonic note. For example, Fb tonic will have a Bbb as its fourth scale degree, a Bbbb if it's lowered, and a B if it's raised. Melody Composer uses double and triple flats and sharps.
• Touch and hold a note to add or subtract notes and rests, change a note into a rest or a rest into a note, and change the note or rest's value.
• Change a note's pitch by touching the note to select it, then use the staff, or play the piano keyboard to change the pitch.
- Using the Staff (transposed for the current instrument): Drag the note up and down to change the pitch diatonically. Drag up and down to the right or left of the written note to raise and lower it a half step.
- Using the Piano (always concert pitch): Swipe to move the keyboard, tap to play notes, touch & hold then slide to glissando. When you glissando up the keyboard, notes will be notated as raised, when you glissando down, as lowered diatonic pitches based on the set tonic note. When you tap specific notes they will be notated in the most common accidental for that note (based on the tonic). Using the keyboard to set specific accidentals is tricky, it's easier to use the staff.
• Adjustable music spacing to see more or less of the melody at once. Pinch to enlarge/reduce the entire score.
• Saved melodies appear in a list with their name and a description to help you identify them. Edit the name and description of the currently loaded melody by touching the texts on the screen above the notation, or edit them in the list.
• Adjustable tempo and metronome with optional 0, 2, or 4 beat count-off.
• Light and Dark interfaces: Ink on paper, and white on a chalkboard.
What's New in Version 2.1
Bug fixes, added features and improvements.
Nice. I use it to practice choir music.