By Vortimac Software LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Memoir is a complete notebook application for the Mac. It offers a customizable, easy to use interface and features you would expect to find in an application costing much more.
Key features of Memoir:
• A beautiful, clean interface that helps you organize your journal just how you want.
• Logical hierarchical folder structure to easily manage multiple entries
• Integrated calendar allows you not only to see when entries were created, but to click to specific days on the calendar
• 128 bit encryption to keep your data safe from prying eyes
• Drag and drop import of most popular file formats
• East export to text, RTF, MS Word formats
• Flexible print functionality allows you to print you entire journal or just specified folders or entries
• Spotlight integration allows you to easily locate information
• Integrated spelling and grammar checker
• Auto creation of links and entries using Wiki style links
What's New in Version 2.1
- Sandboxing support
- 64 bit support
- Export and printing enhancements
- Entry listing now supports sorting
- Wiki linking in Calendar
- Interface enhancements for locking/unlocking
- Help file updates
- Hover over entries in search results to determine path
- Fixed an issue where entries were not removed from disk on exit
- Various bug fixes for issues reported by users
The app seemed ok for it's general purpose, but I wanted it for the feature of security. The user has to specify the password each time an entry or folder needs protecting. There is a feature to store the password in the keychain, but then, anyone with access to the computer can access the entries without having to type the password. So, it's a clunky solution.
A better solution is to provide the password one time, have it stored securely, and only ask for it one time to unlock the locked entries. I found a different app that's not in the app store that meets my requirements beautifully.