By Juicy Cocktail
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Memories is the easiest to use diary app for OS X.
Write a journal, include images, videos and sound. Keep your diary at one secure place and browse through your precious happenings. Rediscover the greatest moments in your life.
• Embed images, sound & videos inside your entries
• Record images & videos with your iSight camera
• Styles & formatting, like fonts, colors or text alignment
• Current weather gets automatically added to entries
• Location with gorgeous map view
• Sync your journal over iCloud
• Notification Center for convenient writing reminders
• Spell checker and proof reader
• Just dive in and start writing a journal
• Access every important function with one click
• Overview of all entries with title, date and mood
• Full-screen support for focused writing
• Easily change the date of an entry
• Drag & drop images directly from Safari or the Finder
• Auto-Lock after a configurable amount of time
• True encryption with the industry-proven AES-256 standard
• All entries sync encrypted and unreadable for other people
Compatibility and sharing
• Fast export of one entry or the whole diary
• Export in a variety of formats: Portable Document Format (.pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), Rich Text Format With Attachments (.rtfd), Web Page (.html), Web Archive, OpenDocument Text (.odt), Word 2007 format (.docx), Word 2003 format (.xml), Word 97 format (.doc) and plain text (.txt).
• Import just one entry or the contents of a folder
And much more
• Synchronization of preferences over iCloud
• Print one entry or your journal
• Set a default font for new entries
• Search all entries
• Built-in speech & dictation
• Enhanced for OS X Mountain Lion
• Enhanced for the MacBook Pro with Retina display
• Fast and friendly customer support, usually within 48 hours
What's New in Version 1.9
Memories is back!
Actually, it never was gone. This release not only fixes some of the long overdue bugs, it also introduces a completely rewritten iCloud synchronization & video recording and OS X 10.11 El Capitan compatibility. And the best of all? It is a completely free update for you! (In fact we never charged for updates since the first release in January 2011)
Keep on reading if you want to know about the exciting new features of your favorite diary app.
• Completely rewritten iCloud synchronization code. On the first launch you can chose if you want to use iCloud to keep your journal up to date on all of your devices.
• Made iCloud synchronization faster & more stable.
• Added new system preferences pane that lets you either move your data from or to iCloud. It is no longer necessary to chose upfront if you want encrypted, seamless sync of your journal in the background.
• Added de-duplication of your entries when turning iCloud on / off.
• Recording videos was completely rewritten from scratch. All crashes (especially after finishing the recording session) should be gone now. It also got faster to record multiple videos in succession.
• Added new About window.
• OS X 10.9 Mavericks is a requirement now.
• Improved application security so that strangers will have an even harder time to reverse-engineer the cryptography algorithms and read your entries.
• HTTPS calls are used now everywhere it is currently possible.
• Application speed got an overall improvement (due to algorithm optimization or introduction of background operations).
• Auto-save in the background now makes sure that there are changes to your journal before it saves. The auto-save functionality is programmed very defensively, but this sometimes led to 5–6 background save calls when no data was changed at all.
• Improved journal save handling so that operations on the database are more stable.
• Modernized application to be more stable under newer versions of OS X.
• User interface improvements, especially under OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
• It got easier to get in touch with us right from within the app.
• Fixed an infinite loop on iCloud import with separate databases from multiple devices that weren’t previously associated with iCloud.
• The app was sometimes crashing when the map view was open.
• The sidebar wasn’t showing up under certain circumstances on newer versions of OS X. It correctly hides / unhides now.
• You are required to enter your email address now if you want to get in touch with us (support, feedback, bug reports). That’s the only way we can answer & help you.
• Fixed some smaller typos in the user interface.
Don’t buy this app.
There are too many problems with that are some how not being solved. I spent literally 6 months without the journal because it saved none of them. It would start to save and have the rainbow circle spinning around, then freeze and need to be shut down. Now with the newest update it cannot even load regularly. Literally I am done with this app. It’s way too expensive for the problems that I keep having to face. Not including the fact I had uninstalled and then reinstalled the app before, only to face the same problems. Just don’t waste your money. I hope they fix these problems, because with these problems fixed this really could have been the most perfect journal app. Such a pity.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Mar 11, 2016
- Version: 1.9
- Size: 17.9 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Rafael Bugajewski
- © 2016 Juicy Cocktail
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor