*** “Memory Game: Spelling Words makes learning sight words more enjoyable than simple flash cards” - SmartAppsForKids
*** Editor’s Favorite – AppySmart
*** “fosters memory, concentration, reasoning, and perception” – Tech&Learning
*over 1,300 spelling words (Dolch's Sight Word List and more)
* option for customized spelling list
* Multiple Word Lists: Short Vowels, Long Vowels, Sight Words, and other categorized word families
* narration: professional female narration or child’s voice
* choice of number of cards: 6, 12, 18
* upper or lower case letters
* block or cursive letters
* single-player, two-player mode or iComputer mode (play against the computer)
* audio and visual prompt to encourage taking turns
* X-Ray option: take a look at the cards for five seconds and memorize their position
* child proof SETTINGS button (press&hold)
* positive reinforcement lowers affective filters making learning a more engaging and enjoyable process
* child-friendly interface with appealing visual and audio effects
Memory Game Spelling Words Application is designed to encourage higher level thinking and reasoning in a fun, friendly atmosphere.
The underlying pedagogical methodology for this application is to teach children spelling words required in today’s elementary school curriculum. You may choose the number of cards to play. Words are chosen randomly from a pool of 1300 words. The task is to find pairs of cards with the same word. Success is rewarded by a quick fun game. Apart from creating fast readers, Memory Game Spelling Words Express is also a great free tool for developing cognitive skills such as:
Children of all ages and abilities can benefit using this application.
WATCH VIDEO: http://youtu.be/kt8_sNGj-HI
@Reks (aka AtReks) Apps are designed in compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA).
- Does NOT contain 3rd party ads (no banners).
- Does contain in-app purchases.
- Does NOT contain integration with social networks.
- Does NOT use analytics / data collection tools.
- Does include links to apps by @Reks in the iTunes App Store hidden in the settings section behind parental gate (child-proof button).
Support for text-to-speech
New built-in lists
Ratings and Reviews
Really nice app!
The custom list, especially, is very helpful. The only change I would make would be to include the ability to save custom lists under different names. It's very time consuming to go back into the one custom list we're allowed to access, deselect words and select new ones -- every time we work with students on different reading levels. Add the ability to save different custom lists for children (different ages/levels) and it would be a 5-star app.
Two apps in one
There are two apps in one - a card matching memory game and some tapping game. I turned off the tapping game in options since it removes the focus from the main gameplay.
Recommended by a 4 year old
My son spent almost half an hour with this app, which is many times longer than his usual attention span.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.