By Parag K Mital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Generative audio mashup tool for remixing your iTunes library or sounds learned directly from the microphone. This very unique app constantly learns new sounds and uses them to remix your world. Any new sound it hears is matched to the library creating a collage of sonic memories.
You can also add a song from your iTunes Library to the app's memory, creating a mashup of sounds in your sonic environment based on your favorite music. You can also use other songs to remix sounds that it has learned, even from other songs, creating an automated remix.
Each time the app is started, it starts learning the sounds from its environment immediately - the longer it is left running the more it learns.
You can also erase the memory, learn multiple songs from your iTunes Library, and stop the app from learning any more.
New in version 1.5: New interactive mode lets you visually see all of the sounds learned, clustering similar sounds together! Use the touchscreen to trigger their playback, creating an instrument out of all the sounds you've taught the app.
New in version 1.6: Now works with Audiobus! Link up memory mosaic to any other apps using audiobus!
iOS 5.1.1 or higher required. This app is optimized for iPhone 5+.
You can also:
* Mix with the input microphone to hear your world mixed with the sound of memories
* Change the sensitivity of how often memories are triggered
* Change the layering to hear more memories (polyphony)
"I would love audiobus and audiocopy for this!! at first i let the learn button run for only 30 seconds.the results were completely usuable in an interesting,stuttering way.. then i let the learn button run for about 3 minutes and it got even more interesting!!while unique ,usable and interesting on its own , audiobus and the ability to save and export or even sequence would make this app amazing!!"
"This a fascinating audio app that creates beautiful and thought provoking audio landscapes from your the sounds in your immediate world. Even after a 1/2 hour of recording and fiddling with the sliders the results are very interesting and got me thinking and made me more aware about my own personal audio environment. My only quibble is that i would like to able to save the result and have a clearer "recording" button. But the button is a minor thing and its probably just me. Great App!"
Things to try:
1. Use headphones.
2. Start to cough, beep, talk, impulsively at the app, like you are a beatboxer.
3. Once the "size" parameter goes over 32, you can now "interactively scrub" the sounds you've just made using the button in the top-left corner.
1. Make sure you have some music in your iTunes library
2. Press the button for "Use iTunes", and select a song to start learning
3. The app is now learning sounds from the song you just selected. At the same time, it is also trying to *recreate* it, using only the sounds it has learned so far.
4. Once it goes over 32 sounds, you can again interactively scrub the sounds in the clustering view (button in top-left corner).
1. Use headphones
2. Try learning sounds from one acoustic environment, and then go to another and press "Stop Learning".
3. Listen to how the app interprets sounds using the ones it has already learned.
1. Learn one song using the "Use iTunes" button.
2. Press "Stop Learning".
3. Remix the song you've just learned by selecting "Use iTunes" and playing another song, or just start beatboxing.
* Earlier devices may not be able to handle the computation and not produce sound. This app is optimized for iPhone 5+.
* If a sound is being played through iTunes and you switch to "interactive mode", on some devices, the entire audio system stops producing sound. This is a known issue and will require you to restart the app. Be sure to "stop processing" the song before switching to interactive mode if this happens.
Please send me feedback via my website! I *will* respond!
What's New in Version 1.6
* Now works with Audiobus! Link Memory Mosaic to any other apps using Audiobus (be sure to set frame size to 512)!
* New clustering algorithm does a better job of grouping more similar sounding sounds.
* Multitouch support allows scrubbing with two fingers. Each finger controls its own synthesizer.
* Scrubbing now works like a touch-based sampler. Playback only happens while you are pressing down.
* New slider allows you to learn either very short sound segments or very long ones. Learn a combination of both for best results.
* Improved rendering of fonts/lines.
If you like this update and want me to keep adding new features, please submit a review!
Such a fun app! I tried it with my kids and they started making such funny sounds and then playing them back. I couldn't get them to stop!
unusual sound mashup tool
update feb 3rd audiobus added.. love a dev that listens!! thank you!!! a unique ,sonic wonderland withjng this app!!! old review--->would love audiobus and audiocopy for this!!
at first i let the learn button run for only 30 seconds.the results were completely usuable in an interesting,stuttering way.. then i let the learn button run for about 3 minutes and it got even more interesting!!while unique ,usable and interesting on its own , audiobus and the ability to save and export or even sequence would make this app amazing!!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 26, 2015
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Parag Mital
- © Parag K. Mital, 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.