Memrise: learn languages free
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Best of 2016
Memrise Language master spy will train your language learning skills and send you deep undercover as a spy in a distant Universe.
You’ll be in charge of protecting the diversity of languages in the Multiverse from the evil Uniformis Front!
Use the language you learn to dupe enemy agents into thinking you are one of them, and to spot other fellow agents that will help you along the way.
Every language is a whole world of discovery and adventure!
Pick a language and start your quest now: Learn French, Spanish (from Mexico or from Spain), German, English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Turkish, Russian, Italian, Portuguese (from Brazil or from Portugal), Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, and many more!
This app offers an optional Pro paid subscription in addition to the free learning experience which grants you access to an extra set of games and an offline mode.
One-month subscription for $8.99
Three-month subscription for $18.99
Twelve-month subscription for $59.99
Once purchased, subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off in your iTunes Account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the payment period.
YOUR MEMRISE JOURNEY CONTINUES!
On the road: membus.memrise.com
On Twitter & Instagram: @memrise
What's New in Version 2.2.4
We’ve been doing the new year equivalent of hitting the gym and clean eating: our engineers have been exercising their fingers with fast-speed debugging sessions and making the app leaner and stronger with smaller but important improvements:
- There was an issue with word boxes in difficult words overlapping with the tested word. Karate was used. Boxes are back in their place.
- Your hard earned progress and points weren’t saving properly. Lame. But fixed.
- There was a glutton bug eating up courses when you tried to download them, and that made the app crash. Squashed that one.
- If you deleted all your courses, the app would get sad and confused, and crash repeatedly. After some therapy, it has come to grips with the reality of empty dashboards. No more crashes there.
- Something happened in Missions that messed with Mission Control’s messages and replaced them with your answers. It was either evil spy agents, or our AI is becoming self-aware. In either case, we’ve put a stop to that nonsense.
If you’ve read this far, the supermolecules of learning super powers will be with you all year long. No need to send it to 10 friends to avoid losing this good fortune. Happy 2017!
I've been studying Mandarin for about 7 months now and am working through HSK 3. The practice in Memrise is pretty good, but I think they go back to the English words too often. It's best not to have to translate in your head. For instance, I want to know that the character 鸟 means "bird" but I should remember it with the Chinese sound instead which is "niǎo." Then my brain doesn't have to go from bird to niao to 鸟. Many other apps have gotten this part right. If Memrise can find a better way to get rid of the English and help the people using the app to associate the "thing" directly with a Chinese word, that would best.
I love the app and how intuitive it is to learn a language, but I wish you didn't have to pay to learn a language. I feel as if it should be free, because language should be free to learn and absorb without limitation due to membership or subscription fees. In a way I feel it makes an average learner more discouraged to learn, because now he has to pay money to continue to get the full experience of learning. Those are just some of my thoughts.
I also work on the website and I love all the new additions but the new mission thing doesn't work every time I open it up it keeps crashing and I feel like Tantalus from the second Percy Jackson book because he was cusred and couldn't even get close to food. It would run away like it was afraid of him. I would like to have that working again and I would love for Memrise to break my curse! Thanks!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 16, 2017
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 81.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Welsh, Zulu
- Seller: Memrise
- © 2015 Memrise
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Memrise Pro$8.99
- Memrise Pro$18.99
- Memrise Pro$59.99
- Memrise Premium Offer$45.99
- Memrise Pro$29.99