Mendeley (PDF Reader)
By Elsevier Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Mendeley is a free reference manager and PDF reader designed for researchers, students, and knowledge-workers.
Make your own fully-searchable library in seconds, read and annotate your PDFs, and collaborate with others in private groups. Sync your library across all your devices including Mendeley Desktop, where you can easily cite your research as you write in Microsoft Word or LibreOffice.
• Read, highlight & annotate PDFs from anywhere
• Sync annotations & documents across all your devices
• Save PDFs to your Mendeley library from other apps or your web browser
• Use Mendeley offline during your commute, and sync when you have connection
• Search your library for keywords in the Title, Authors, Publication or Abstract
• Edit document details (Title, Authors, Publication details, etc…)
• Download or remove PDFs on demand, to easily manage device storage space
• All features are available on your Tablet or Phone
"What [Mendeley] are up to is boldly innovative. The Mendeley team is attempting nothing less than changing the way scientists conduct and share their research." - Wired
What's New in Version 2.12.1
- You can now post status updates and comment on posts in the News Feed.
- We also added the ability for you to search recently added and read documents from your home screen using Spotlight.
Real fantastic piece of Software
Mendeley is just a fantastic software which helped me immensely in my academic life. It has saved me from a huge amount of work by helping organise books and article references, as well as its PDF files. The feature of automatic referencing in several international references standards do also help me being more productive and concentrate my energy in thinking and writing than in managing the chaos of files and folders in a file system of any computer. And there is the cloud availability, and free space in this cloud, and synchronisation...it is a must have for academic life at any level.
PDFs not available for download
Spent a whole day adding and uploading my pdf literature library to my Mendeley library. Installed this app and signed in and only a handful of random papers were available for download. Went back to my desktop Mendeley library to find all the pdf uploads were missing. Not sure how they all got removed, but perhaps from syncing with my iOS Mendeley app. Very frustrated with this at the moment, thinking I should just stick with organizing my pdf lit library manually.
Keeps logging me out every few hours
I've been using Mendeley for a while now and have liked it up until now. I have been kicked off multiple times in one day and have had to repeatedly log in to my account in order to keep reading. This is incredibly frustrating, and I hope the developers fix it in the next version, otherwise I'll be looking for a different journal article reader.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 16, 2017
- Version: 2.12.1
- Size: 87.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Elsevier Inc.
- © 2015 Elsevier B.V.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.