Mendeley is a free reference manager and PDF reader designed for researchers, students, and knowledge-workers.
Make your own fully-searchable library in seconds, read and annotate your PDFs, and collaborate with others in private groups. Sync your library across all your devices including Mendeley Desktop, where you can easily cite your research as you write in Microsoft Word or LibreOffice.
• Read, highlight & annotate PDFs from anywhere
• Sync annotations & documents across all your devices
• Save PDFs to your Mendeley library from other apps or your web browser
• Use Mendeley offline during your commute, and sync when you have connection
• Search your library for keywords in the Title, Authors, Publication or Abstract
• Edit document details (Title, Authors, Publication details, etc…)
• Download or remove PDFs on demand, to easily manage device storage space
• All features are available on your Tablet or Phone
"What [Mendeley] are up to is boldly innovative. The Mendeley team is attempting nothing less than changing the way scientists conduct and share their research." - Wired
Fixed crash affecting some users.
Ratings and Reviews
Lots of potential, but recently too buggy to use
I’ve used this app for the last year, and it had been a great way to read academic papers while on the go, allowing me to highlight text, leave comments, and then sync it back to the desktop app. It always seemed a bit slow, but functional, until about a month ago. Since then, it has really struggled to refresh, sync, and download PDFs. It has crashed multiple times recently, just trying to scroll through a PDF.
This app can be extremely useful, but it really needs to be updated. I love the ability to easily access my mendeley library and keep everything synced, but the app’s recent issues have made it almost useless.
Please fix all these bugs! I’m looking for other options but haven’t yet found anything as seamless to sync between mobile and desktop. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that things improve soon!
Please update the app for the new all-display iPad Pro, thanks!
App doesn’t work
I installed the app on my iphone and my ipad and it just doesnt work. It doesnt synchronize, doesnt display PDFs, it freezes, it crashes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.