Flashcards with Mental Case
By The Mental Faculty
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Mental Case is an insanely-great flashcard study app for your Mac, iPad, and iPhone. With multimedia flashcards, iCloud sync, and advanced study scheduling, its the best way to get stuff into your head.
Whether you're studying anatomical diagrams for Medical School, preparing for a Driving test, or cramming for the Bar exam, Mental Case can help you achieve your goals.
Prepare your own flashcards with text, images, audio, and video, or download from web sites like Quizlet.com and Cram.com.
Study in beautifully-presented slideshows, on your Mac, iPad, or iPhone. Your study material is synced between devices automatically with iCloud.
“Mental Case provides a very nice balance of functionality, desktop and iPhone/iPod touch integration and ease-of-use that make it the leader of the pack...” — TUAW.com
- Include text, images, audio, and video
- Change font, font size, alignment and text color
- iCloud sync between your Macs
- iCloud sync with Mental Case for iOS (sold separately)
- Free downloads from Quizlet.com and Cram.com
- Export flashcards for use in other apps
- Send stacks to your friends
- Interactive slideshows
- Prepare multiple-choice quizzes
- Flag cards while you study
- Organize your cards into stacks
- Move and reorder your study cards
- Beautiful 3D card browser
- Schedule cards for long-term memory
- Schedule cards to cram for an exam
- Different schedules tailored to your goals
Mental Case for iOS
We love to hear feedback for future versions, and answer any questions you may have. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our support web site mentalfaculty.tenderapp.com
What's New in Version 2.5.3
- Fixed login bug for Quizlet affecting usernames with capital letters.
- Improvements to Cram.com support
- Replaced QuickTime for video and still captures
If you like Mental Case, please consider rating or writing a review. It really helps fund future development of the product.
Buggy, lame excuses.
Mental Case has taken out their local wifi sync option. Explanation (from their website): “it was too complex to do both wifi and iCloud” and (love this one) “that’s why it’s a new app and not an upgrade; we wanted people to have the option to backup to wifi by keeping the old app” (i.e., we couldn’t figure it out).
Mental Case has taken out their local backup option. Explanation (from their website): “you should use Time Machine” (i.e., one less thing for us to worry about).
Mental Case has taken out their selective sync option, so every flashcard you ever made will now be on your iPhone, all the time, not to mention eating up your iCloud storage. Explanation…[crickets].
The truth is the Mental Faculty have gotten lazy and incompetent. In many ways, Mental Case 2 does less than Mental Case 1; only problem, you can’t get the original version on the App Store any more.