Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
By Mental Health First Aid International
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The app provides key information about MHFA. It is a handy 'resource in your pocket' for the public and those who have already completed MHFA training.
1) How Can I Help Someone I am Concerned About?
Are you currently concerned about the mental health of a friend, family member or co-worker? The information provided within the app (from the international mental health first aid guidelines) provides some basic guidance on what to do for those concerned and wanting to offer help.
2) The MHFA Action Plan
A handy resource in your pocket you can use when wanting to offer help to someone reminding you of the key aspects of the MHFA Action Plan 'ALGEE.'
3) How Much Do You Know?
Test your mental health knowledge with this quick six question quiz, which provides feedback on your answers.
4) Why Do MHFA?
MHFA courses teach mental health first aid strategies to members of the public. Mental health first aid is the help provided to a person who is developing a mental health problem, or in a mental health-related crisis, until appropriate professional treatment is received or the crisis resolves. MHFA courses can provide members of the community with:
- Skills in how to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health problems;
- Knowledge of the possible causes or risk factors for these mental health problems;
- Awareness of the evidenced based medical, psychological and alternative treatments available;
- Skills in how to give appropriate initial help and support someone experiencing a mental health problem;
- Skills in how to take appropriate action if a crisis situation arises involving suicidal behaviour, panic attack, stress reaction to trauma, overdose or threatening psychotic behaviour.
4) MHFA Around the World
We encourage you to contact your local MHFA program. MHFA is now in 23 countries around the world and growing. Current international programs are listed within the app.
What's New in Version 1.4
Minor fix in the International Programs.