"...a true notepad experience that may help you make a clean break from the pencil-and-paper era." -New York Times.
=== Users describe Mental Note as "the only notepad app... that's actually better than, and as simple as, a pen and paper." It's "the future of note taking", and "a big sketchpad... [to] free-associate and put stuff down in any format". Mental Note for iPad brings the future closer with an even bigger sketchpad for you to capture your ideas on.
Turn your iPad into a digital notepad. Combine pictures, voice recordings, drawings and text - all on the same page, in any order you choose.
An idea... a flash - a moment of genius. When a thought hits, and you have to remember it, why limit how you record it? The more context and sensory details you can capture, the clearer the idea can be put down. Use pictures, audio, sketching and text together on the same page... a digital page that can be shared with anyone.
Mental Note allows you to capture ideas as they happen: use pictures, dictate, add text, sketch on anything. Ideas clarified. Creativity captured.
- Draw with your finger using multiple colours and widths on top of pictures, text, or anywhere else on the page. Zoom in to sketch fine details.
- Choose a picture from your album and add it to the page.
- Add audio to the page by recording with the built-in microphone. Continue to edit your note while recording.
- Organize your notes using tags.
- Password protect your private notes and flag your important ones.
- Attach Calendar events to your notes.
- Undo, redo anything in the note by shaking the device.
- Delete note sections using the toolbar button or by swiping any note section.
- Move a note section by swiping and then dragging it to its new location.
- Length of a note is limited only by device memory.
- Export in a variety of formats including PDF, text, Mental Note format, and more. Send using email, iCloud, Dropbox, and more.
* Send a note in Mental Note format so the note may be imported into another person's Mental Note app.
* Using email, export a complete note directly from Mental Note as either a PDF document or a picture (each audio recording is attached to the email as a separate file; use QuickTime or another modern media player to play the attached audio). You can also email just the text from your note.
- Export your notes and backups to your iCloud and/or Dropbox account.
- Share a note with your friends using Twitter.
- Map the location a note was created at (if location services are enabled).
- Change the size and font of the text in your notes.
- Change the color and background of your notes.
- Numerous other configuration options.
- Supports all orientations.
THIS VERSION IS OPTIMIZED FOR iPad. FOR iPhone & iPod touch, PLEASE SEE Mental Note - the digital notepad.
Read more: www.zymbiotic.com
Improved exported PDF file size.
Straight line sketching (optional).
Ratings and Reviews
An excellent multi-sensory app for effectively recording notes
This app has become my favorite among the hundreds of apps currently stored on my Ipad. If you've ever had a complex thought that you wished to preserve Mental Note does so in a supremely effective manner. At first one jots down a handwritten thought that tells one the subject of the note at a single glance; adding a recording of one's voice immediately following the handwritten note serves to explain the thought in greater detail; finally inserting a photograph relating to the thought provides an additional layer of understanding because as we all know a picture truly is worth a thousand words. The combination of this multi-sensory communication clearly conveys the essence of the thought to enhance and facilitate its understanding. One can vary the thickness of one's writing within the individual handwritten sections, include typewritten text for additional clarity, view the recording of one's voice as a simple line with a play button immediately following a handwritten section and see the photograph directly below the line that serves to symbolize the voice recording. There is no limitation on the length of the note because one simply scrolls down to continue additional writing, talking, and picture placement. As if that weren't enough the entire note structure can be stored within Mental Note, E-mailed, or saved to one's Photo library for quick future reference. Five stars all around!
My first successful Chart notes
I have been trying over 10 iPad apps for note taking from Note Taker HD, PenUltimate and plently of others and finally i found an app that you can easily import photos and sketch on them and i.e. right comments, add proper formated text. Also switching between pen sizes and colors is very easy. Also love how you can delete sections on the page. Also the ability to search Tags and text contents is excellent. Adding audio to a section is very easy. I use this for taking audio notes when reviewing stock charts, excellent tool. I have a few minor issues, nothing major just having these features would make it a very polished application :
Couple of things lacking are;
1. You cannot send to DropBox
2. Ability to reszie or move a image or photo around on the page.
3. Draw straight lines or circles or boxes ( preformated not free hand )
4. Highlighter pen is always very handy and it is lacking in this app.
5. Color selection is a bit annoying in that have to cycle through colors to get your correct color.
6. Searching text within a note is great, but some of my notes are very long. It will find the note that contains the text but i need the app to take me directly to the location within the note where the text is.
7. Need to ability to synch notes with itunes or an easy way to back them up to my desktop computer as i would be lost without the notes within this application.
look forward to updates.
Really good app . . . and could be ideal
This is a good app. Combines text and drawings fairly well, and being able to include recordings is great. Love the ease of changing thicknesses of the pen, and the ability to save as JPG or PDF.
A couple of changes would make this ideal for me. First: I want a true landscape orientation so I can work across the whole screen. Right now, the tool bar is divided into two parts in landscape mode with a lot of wasted space. Second: I would like to type into text boxes, and be able to move the text boxes around the drawings. Right now, the text is blocked by the drawing, and either comes in above or below it. Third, would like a true undo option. Right now there's an eraser, but no undo. Finally, would like to be able to more seamlessly shift from drawing to text. Right now, once I select drawing, I get a new menu of options, and have to exit drawing by selecting "Done" before I can return to typing.
Thanks for a great app, and for considering these changes.
- Zymbiotic Technologies
- 23.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Zymbiotic Technologies Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Paper Customization feature $0.99
- Straight Line Drawing feature $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.