"...a true notepad experience that may help you make a clean break from the pencil-and-paper era." -New York Times.
=== Users describe Mental Note as "the only notepad app... that's actually better than, and as simple as, a pen and paper." It's "the future of note taking", and "a big sketchpad... [to] free associate and put stuff down in any format".
Turn your iPhone or iPod touch into a digital notepad. Combine photographs, voice recordings, drawings and text - all on the same page, in any order you choose.
An idea... a flash - a moment of genius. When a thought hits, and you have to remember it, why limit how you record it? The more context and sensory details you can capture, the clearer the idea can be put down. Use photographs, audio, sketching and text together on the same page... a digital page that can be shared with anyone.
Mental Note allows you to capture ideas as they happen: use photographs, dictate, add text, sketch on anything. Ideas clarified. Creativity captured.
- Draw with your finger using multiple colours and widths on top of photographs, text, or anywhere else on the page. Zoom in to sketch fine details.
- Take a photo or choose one from your album and add it to the page.
- Add audio to the page by recording with the built-in microphone (iPhone) or an external microphone (iPod touch). Continue to edit your note while recording.
- Organize your notes using tags.
- Password protect your private notes and flag your important ones.
- Attach Calendar events to your notes.
- Undo, redo anything in the note by shaking the device.
- Delete note sections using the toolbar button or by swiping any note section.
- Move a note section by swiping and then dragging it to its new location.
- Length of a note is limited only by device memory.
- Export in a variety of formats including PDF, text, Mental Note format, and more. Send using email, iCloud, Dropbox, and more.
* Send a note in Mental Note format so the note may be imported into another person's Mental Note app.
* Using email, export a complete note directly from Mental Note as either a PDF document or a picture (each audio recording is attached to the email as a separate file; use QuickTime or another modern media player to play the attached audio). You can also email just the text from your note.
- Export your notes and backups to your iCloud and/or Dropbox account.
- Share a note with your friends using Twitter.
- Map the location a note was created at (if location services are enabled).
- Change the size and font of the text in your notes.
- Change the color and background of your notes.
- Numerous other configuration options.
- Supports all orientations.
The Mental Note Lite digital notepad comes with space for four notes. Upgrade to the full version of Mental Note to create an unlimited number of notes.
Read more: www.zymbiotic.com
Improved exported PDF file size.
Straight line sketching (optional).
Ratings and Reviews
Asian language text problems
I really wanted to like this app; the feature set is pretty good, but there is a problem with Asian language text (Chinese or Japanese) on a note. You can enter the text in the note fine but any the Asian language text simply disappears when the note is e-mailed as a pdf, while other text (even in Greek, Cyrillic, and Hebrew alphabets) remains. If the note is e-mailed as a picture, the Asian language text appears, but then you cannot copy and paste it.
I see that no specifically Chinese/Japanese fonts are options in the app, but this should not be an obstacle, given that in Apple's Notes, you normally have *no* choice of font, but it still understands when you are inputting Chinese and switches automatically to an appropriate font. Similarly, NoteMaster has no problem with Chinese/Japanese even with the same font (Helvetica) chosen as I had in Mental Note, and AwesomeNote also handles Chinese/Japanese with the default font setting. Maybe the difference is these other apps all export text as text, not as a pdf. But the inability to export text by e-mail is my other main objection to MentalNote.
If the language support doesn't matter to you and your focus is more one audio and images, rather than text, then this is a nice app. It would be better, though, if there were one universal app, rather than separate iPad and iPhone apps.
This app is awesome and just what I dreamed of plus more! I have been looking for an app for 8 MONTHS that could be just like the app notes for iOS that comes preloaded on every iPhone and iPad and iPod, but I wanted more features to it such as pictures, copy and pasting pictures and anything, and then when I opened this app it showed that I could add voice, pictures, audio, and FINALLY an app that can type on a piece of paper without having to use a stupid text box! I hate all apps that use text boxes for notes because it gets really confusing and old when you want to type long notes, or you want the typed words directly on one line. Thank you so much this is my dream app!!! I AM DEFINITELY UPGRADING TO THE PRO VERSION!!! People that are reading this review it is true, this app is amazing. why have I never heard of this app-- it's not popular and It has so many great features to it, I think it is better than notability even though notability has more features, this app is the ultimate best. People, please make this app go to top charts, it deserves to be in 30th place or so!!!! AWESOME APP THANKS SOOOO MUCH CAN'T BELIEVE I NEVER HEARD OF THIS APP UNTIL TODAY!! Bravo!
I have a lot of thoughts going thru my head all of the time and I usually like to keep a pen and pad somewhere near my usual thinking places, but then I have small notes everywhere and the thoughts I thought I was saving become lost among the papers. Sooo I found this app while frustrated by my influx of thoughts (end of month at work, end of semester in school, and beginning of summer which means setting out goals)... Let's just say this app was the RELIEF my mind needed. I can put it all out in drawings or typing or any of their other options and it's all down in the same place available for review on a object that's always with me, my phone sure my brains always with me but not always so organized. Let's just say i feel this app was made for me :)
- Zymbiotic Technologies
- 19.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Zymbiotic Technologies Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 sheet refill pack $1.99
- Paper Customization feature $0.99
- Password Protection feature $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.