It is a unique & integrated Ancient Greek to English dictionary, a tool for the study of original texts in an easy and pleasant way, combining different aspects of the language to make the ultimate app ideal for students and teachers, at any time and place.
It includes a plethora of lexical words along with their basic and important information for words one might find
• in poetic texts of the Archaic and Classical periods
• in prose Classical texts
• in poetry and prose from the Hellenistic until the late antiquity
• and to Christian and early Byzantine original texts in Koine Greek up until 1.000 A.D.
• A complete, fully searchable Greek dictionary, including more than 120.000 lexical entries - Internet connection required.
• Search using either Beta code or Greek characters (with or without diacritics).
• Flexible search in a database with matches, search suggestions and autocomplete function.
• Each lexical entry has a clear structure & typography making it easy to navigate.
• Add words to your Favorite list by clicking the heart icon.
• Find every word you ever viewed stored in History.
• Manage Favorite and History lists – edit those lists or clear them.
• Browse a Catalogue of more than 2.000 Words and Phrases with their specific, idiomatic, or metaphoric meaning.
• Add them to your Favorite list or find them through your History.
Read the basic language theory:
• Phonemes & Letters
• Accents & Breathings
• Words, Syllables & Syllabification
• Accentuation Rules
• Marks of Punctuation
The most effective way to learn and memorize basic elements of the language is by constant practice and repetition.
Take Ancient Greek tests through 30.000 multiple choice questions to practice in the
Your answers are immediately evaluated (confirmed or corrected).
The contents are developed specifically for this app in order to offer a high quality tool optimized for your needs. It will help you explore original texts in a whole brand new way, unfiltered, uncensored by translation, in the original language, giving you at the same time the option to study the basic language theory, and practice in basic elements of the language.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.