Easily create meal plans for yourself or others and track nutritional information per meal. Manage your own recipes and import new ones from popular recipe web sites. Keep track of what you have in your pantry (and how many), and integrate it all into your shopping list in one application!
Now includes Apple Watch support!
• Supports syncing between multiple devices.
• Multi-Profile support - Makes planning meals for multiple people and family members simple!
• Integrates with the Apple Health App.
• View the day's meal plan and your shopping list on your Apple Watch
• Completely customizable to meet your needs
• Plan out your meals exactly how you like them using items and recipes from your own pantry
• Track nutritional information for your foods and recipes and see your daily total
• Can save your daily nutritional values in the Apple Health App
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry to make meal planning and shopping lists simple
• Sync your data between multiple devices
• Find items quickly with our own online database of products
• With the advanced pantry, you can track quantities of items in your pantry and have it auto adjust based on meal plan usage. You can also set thresholds to have items added to your shopping list automatically when you get low!
• Import recipes from popular recipe websites, and add your own favorite recipes
• Create a shopping list automatically based on the meal plans you've created
• Set item prices per store for comparison shopping and estimating your total bill
• Universal app that runs on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
• Includes some of the most common panty items to get your started.
• Web interface for easier recipe entry
• Mark items as favorites to quickly add them to your shopping list
• Add your own images to recipes
• Supports custom stores for your shopping lists
• Easily swap meals from one date to another.
• Add your own meal types (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, etc).
• Organize food and recipes by creating your own categories
• Add notes to meals
• Move and copy individual meals to a different date
• Email meal plans, shopping lists, and recipes
• Free syncing, backup, and restore of your data
• Barcode scanner for quickly adding new items
• Print (or email) a monthly or weekly meal plan directly to an AirPrint compatible printer.
• Export meal plans to PDF
There are a ton of features packed into this app. Check out the community forums at menu-planner.com/community for more information!
- When adding items to your shopping list from the Shopping screen, items that are already on your list will now be greyed out instead of hidden.
- Changing the pantry checkbox on the Pantry screen works correctly now when using the Simple Pantry.
- The app will now remember the last screen used when it restarts.
- Sharing a meal plan with the option to show Serving sizes works correctly now.
- Fixed a bug that could freeze the app when changing dates on the meal plan screen.
Thanks to everyone for their support. Please consider leaving a review if you find the app useful!
Ratings and Reviews
Very up and down app
I'd give this 1 start, but it did seem to work at one point and I'm hoping they get it fixed soon. It seems like every other update breaks more than it fixes. I used it quite a bit when I first got it about a year ago. Had started putting receipts in and was going to start using it for pantry tracking/grocery shopping. But the interface was a bit clunky and it fell out of use. I used it occasionally when it got updated, but there was always something that made it more work than it was worth. I started using it again a few weeks ago, and now it's practically useless. My biggest complaints are its speed (slow to doesn't respond), and quantities. Examples: Enter 1/4 cup grated Parmesan in a recipe and the app converts it to .3 cups when you view the recipe. Open the recipe to edit, select the item, and it's there as 1/4 cup. Also, at times items don't get added to menus when you click the "+" (as far as you can tell), but come back to that day's menu plan later and it's in there multiple times. And finally, sometimes I can't open a recipe from the menu plan from that day. I have to go to the sidebar menu, open the recipes list, and search for it.
I disagree with recent negative reviews. There have been some syncing issues with upgrades in the past (I've learned to always note the source of the recipe so I can return to it if needed). However I've been using it successfully since 2011 with no major issues. I use it on a daily basis to keep track of recipes & shopping list, ability to add items from recipes to list is excellent, as is the meal-planning ability. The few times I've had issues, messages from support were always prompt and helpful. Set up and recipe entry are slightly cumbersome but that is because items & recipes are so able to be customized individually that I can't think of anyway to improve this without taking away the adaptability inherent in its design. This app makes meal planning so much easier and I truly could not function as a busy working parent as well as I do without it!!!
Love this app!
Upday December 2017- STILL love this app. Makes my menu planning soooooo easy.
I've used this app for years, and love how easy it makes menu planning. I have several hundred recipes that I use on a semi-regular basis, and being able to add them to the menu- which loads them to my shopping list is phenomenal.
Are there things I'd change? Sure- repeatable menus, a cost database for recipes, Siri integration- but over all this app works beautifully. I've had to contact support a few times, and they've always been very responsive. There is a learning curve on how to use the app- but auto importing makes adding recipes a breeze. Spend an hour or so on a Saturday afternoon , and you can import a couple month's worth of recipes, and plan your grocery list. For people who menu plan- it's just great!
- Alan Bowman
- 96.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2011 InnovaDev, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.