By InnovaDev, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Easily create meal plans and track nutritional information. Manage your own recipes and import new ones from popular recipe web sites. Keep track of what you have in your pantry (and how many), and integrate it all into your shopping list in one application!
Supports syncing between multiple devices!
• Plan out your meals exactly how you like them, as far out as you like.
• Track nutritional information for your foods and recipes and see your daily total
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry to make meal planning and shopping lists simple
• Sync your data between multiple devices
• Find items quickly with our own online database of products
• With the advanced pantry, you can track quantities of items in your pantry and have it auto adjust based on meal plan usage. You can also set thresholds to have items added to your shopping list automatically when you get low!
• Import recipes from popular recipe websites, and add your own favorite recipes
• Create a shopping list automatically based on the meal plans you've created
• Set item prices per store for comparison shopping and estimating your total bill
• Access your recipe and food data through the Menu Planner website (www.menu-planner.com) using your home computer
• Universal app that runs on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
• Mark items as favorites to quickly add them to your shopping list
• Add your own images to recipes
• Supports custom stores for your shopping lists
• Easily swap meals from one date to another.
• Add your own meal types (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, etc).
• Organize food and recipes by creating your own categories
• Add notes to meals
• Move and copy individual meals to a different date
• Email meal plans, shopping lists, and recipes
• Free syncing, backup, and restore of your data
• Barcode scanner for quickly adding new items
• Print (or email) a monthly or weekly meal plan directly to an AirPrint compatible printer (iPad version only at this time)
There are a ton of features packed into this app. Check out the community forums at menu-planner.com/community for more information!
What's New in Version 3.0.4
- New icon!
- Tapping the refresh button on the items tab will no longer crash the app (iPhone version)
- Selecting an item from the online database to add to a meal or shopping list will now select the correct item.
- Turning off all nutritional info will now hide the nutrition bar on the item list.
- Devices running iOS 6.1 and lower will no longer crash when trying to select an image to assign to a recipe.
Please consider rating my app if you've found it useful!
I've tried the rest, this is the best
I've tried several recipe keepers, meal planners and shopping lists, and this is by far the best one, not only because it is all three combined but because all three functions actually work together. I don't use the pantry function but I'm quite sure that feature is just as great for those that keep a well stocked and organized party as part of their lifestyle. I just swipe off stuff I know I have. If you plan your meals every week and make shopping list based on those meals and what you have on hand and like to collect recipes, THIS IS the tool you need. Like to organize your recipes by your own categories? It's got that. Want your store list organized by your own categories or aisle in your actual supermarket, different stores, or even multiple stores? It's got that. Want to be able to add stuff that is not part of your meal plan, yup. You can do that. How about stuff you buy every week? Yup, that too. I could go on and on. Oh and the recipes can have a picture and you can even upload pics of your own dishes! It's the best really.
Great idea, needs some improvements
This is definitely a powerful app with a lot of potential. And, if you have loads of spare time and information on hand, you can get all of your ingredients and items loaded up and I'm sure it would work great. I however do not have that much spare time, so I was really hoping that searching for ingredients or scanning things in would be quick and easy. However, most of the items I have looked for or attempted to scan are either not found or contain errors or just don't match! That can be quite frustrating and means I would have to manually add these items and their nutrition facts to get the use out of this app that I am wanting. If the item lookup and barcode scanning methods worked half as well as other apps, then this would be perfect. But because that part of it does not work well, I'm giving it only three stars. Hopefully that feature will get better in the future, or at least work as well as the scanner/lookup on My Fitness Pal.
Very good solid app. Worth the investment.
Minor update: on January 14th I sent a support request using their form. As of today, January 30th, still no reply. Docking 1 star for lack of support. Sad.
I originally purchased this app about two years ago. I used it for a bit, life kind of got in the way of me really getting into planning out my meals in advance.
I recently came back to the app (late 2013). I am getting serious about planning out my meals and shopping with the goal of eating healthier and better.
I believe this app will help me achieve my goals.
Yes, it takes a little work to get all of your recipes loaded. I used the bookmarklet found on the developers website to import the majority of the recipe into the database. I use their website from my desktop machine. This makes it easier and much faster than trying to import from my phone.
Many similar apps don't provide a website based import interface. Kudos to the developer for including this ability.
I have not experienced any of the crashes mentioned by some others. It may be due to my skipping a number of versions.
It can take some work to get everything set up the way you want it with the pantry and store options. In the end it is worth it.
I would suggest the ability to copy store aisles from one store to another instead of having to manually repeat the data entry.
I have tried many recipe apps. This one provides the best balance of features for my goals.