MenuTimer is an easy-to-use timing utility that lives in your Mac's menubar. It allows you to quickly monitor tasks with millisecond precision right from the convenience of your Mac's menubar!
- fast startup and minimal memory usage
- millisecond precision
- ability to toggle between second and millisecond precision
- persistent timer. You can quit the application, restart your Mac, even upgrade your OS and the timer will keep going. The timer keeps going even when the application is in the background, without consuming battery.
- ability to keep a log of previous runs
- ability to copy current time to clipboard
- customisable text font and size
- ability to toggle countdown timer mode
- OSX 10.6+ support
- dark-mode menubar compatibility
- efficiency improvement
- considerably lower battery usage on laptops
A big thank you to everyone who submitted bugs!
Ratings and Reviews
Good so far but NEEDS 'previous runs’ to load to continue from...
I use this for editing client videos to track my edit times while I use ‘Screenshot Timelapse’ app to create a Behind The Scense video of me editing & the MenuTimer shows how long I’ve been working on a particular project. However, I’ve had several crashes & I must restart, the timer does not retain the previous time. Clicking on the previous runs does nothing…it should, for example, allow you to return to that time to continue where I left off. I will easily pay .99 cents for this app with improvements. Thank you!
Perfect for studying and test preparation !
I need to solve test question during a preset period - in my case around 1 min 20 secs per question and analyse the explanation. But if I overrun I need to know the overrun time. Also I prefer to have it always on top and easily control it (reset, start, pause etc). For all of these tasks it is JUST PERFECT. THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH !
Dude, its a timer, don’t make me set a date
Please have a mode where I just say how many hours/minutes/seconds I want to countdown from. Setting a date should be an edge case for a timer app - look at the iOS timer app for inspiration.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.