Discover dragon legends, magic, quests, and a secret land of entertainment and mystery in the world of Merge Dragons! where you can combine everything into better and more powerful items for your journey.
In a mystical world hidden among the clouds, the vale of Dragonia flourished. Then evil Zomblins cast a void across the vale. The only hope to heal the land rests in YOUR magical power to MATCH ANYTHING -- dragon eggs, trees, treasures, stars, magical flowers, and even mythical creatures.
Match eggs to hatch helpful dragons, then evolve them to discover more powerful dragons! Encounter and solve challenging puzzle levels: match the Gaia statues to win, then bring rewards back to your Camp to collect and grow.
Match even more with daily quests and rewards with Kala. Take part in brand new themes every two weeks with a cool puzzle for you to complete- can you match and collect the brand new dragons, too?
Discover as you match your camp to perfection and nurture your dragons in Merge Dragons!
MERGE DRAGONS! FEATURES:
== Match Objects ==
• Discover over 500 fantastic objects to match and interact with through 81 challenges!
• Freely drag objects around the beautiful world and match 3 of a kind evolve them into more superior items!
• Match Life Essence and tap it to unleash power to heal the vale!
• Discover the Gaia statues stuck in each level’s cursed land. Match them to solve the puzzle and create life!
== Collect New Dragon Breeds ==
• Discover 37 brand new dragon breeds who live in the vale, and evolve them through 8 growth stages for new dragons!
• Match eggs to hatch helpful dragons who will roam the vale and harvest objects for you to use or match.
== Tricky Puzzles ==
• Almost 900 quests to challenge your mind!
• Test your puzzle solving skills in more than 180 tricky levels filled with new quests and rewards to help you build your dragon camp!
• Match nearly anything - plants, buildings, coins, treasures, fallen stars, magic objects, mythical creatures, and more! How many combinations can you make from 1600+ objects that come before you?
• Discover hidden levels - can you find them all?
• On your puzzle journey, you may cross paths with evil Zomblins. Watch out and be careful!
== Camp Building ==
• The evil fog has taken ahold of the main camp, fight off the fog and heal the land to restore and take back the dragons’ home!
• Collect dragons eggs, hatch them in the main camp, and earn dragon power to fight off the evil fog.
Download now and discover where Merge Dragons! will take you!
Merge Dragons! is brought to you by Gram Games, the studio behind the top hit titles 1010!, Merged!, Six!, Bounzy!, Merge Town!, Merge Farm!, Paint Tower!, and Merge Gems!
Optimized for Tablets. May be played without an Internet connection.
Use of this application is governed by Zynga’s Terms of Service, found at www.zynga.com/legal/terms-of-service.
- This version is full of holiday spirit! We've packed in three events - the Christmas Event, Year's End Event, and the Zen Dragon Event - with unique items and dragons to merge and meet! Plus - you won't have to wait long between events! The Christmas and Year's End Events will run one after the other.
- We've added 10 brand new levels for you to enjoy! And maybe a few secrets, too...
Ratings and Reviews
Fun but too many consumables
Pros - The premise of this game is a lot of fun if you like collecting things, puzzles, or dragons (who doesn’t!?). There are different kinds of game play with different challenges and rewards (camp v. world map levels). It’s fun to level up the items, especially the dragons.
Cons - The problem comes in that at every turn the game is hungry for real cash (dragon greed?) to buy the in game currency. Want to open a (maybe useful) chest? Pay! (Rewards from chest stink? Pay more!) The mining aspect is cool, but beware that the dragons don’t necessarily mine from the highest level things (i.e., level 2 flowers and level 9 flowers... and they’ll pick the level 2 flowers). It’s annoying when the difference between the result of mining from a low level or high level item is dramatic, and you only have so many moves without letting the dragons sleep to recharge (of course, you can pay to wake them).
Not spending money is an option... just not if you want to move along at a satisfying pace. Would be a lot more fun IMO if the dragons defaulted to mine highest level things; less consumables or more in-game currency rewarded for achievements; or at least make it so that when one does spend money the “reward” is fair (try opening a low level egg chest? Think it’ll be better to open the big one, right? Well... maybe... though a bunch of rain puddles and some random low level junk didn’t seem worth the equivalent cash).
Addicting But Needs Improvement
It's a fun game, but there are glaring issues that distract from it being great. Mainly, the cost of items is on the high side. As well, the drop rates are nice at first, then become all about making you spend money. Latest patch only made things more expensive. They give you so many premium currency chests without ways to really gain that currency after the first portion of the game so your camp is full of stuff you have to sell for nothing or pay handsomely for in real world money. $6.99 for a starter island... Well you can see where it's going. If you want to get people spending money in the game so they continue to spend, you need some low-price high value feeders.
Edit: Also, now the $6.99 island at least shows what you get, but it also says it's -58% off? Uhmm, you can't just say something is on sale when it was never higher to begin with, there are laws against that. I know they could say it costs 58% less than if you bought gems and got that stuff, but given that it's a unique area it's not comparable to other items/prices and the way it's displayed is not indicative of that. As it stands, it's pretty badly designed and potentially illegal in some localtiies.
Edit: an update, bringing more free stuff! Except no... just more ways to spend gems. Everything free is locked by gems. Coincidence that even less gem stars seem to fall? Should rename it from Gram games to Grab games as in money grab.
Updates have ruined the game
I’ve had this game since February and I really enjoyed it. I didn’t experience any problems until they recently started to update it. The game started to run slower (even on a new updates phone) and it became frustrating when things I didn’t want to merge would automatically merge when I dragged item across the screen and it would freeze. It drains my battery really fast and makes my phone hot. I had a problem with this June 2018 event where eventually BOTH my red dragons disappeared behind these new mystic cloud features they’re utilizing. I trashed all my healing items I could’ve used in order to reach them and get them out (hopefully) because the way I play events, I clear a good amount of land and then trash all harvestable items except the ones the dragons can harvest for points so I can just leave my phone alone while they do their thing. I was okay with just one dragon but then I eventually lose both of them! I contacted support on the app and they addressed the other problem I had and not the one about the event. I sent an email to support and they haven’t gotten back yet. I’ve never been so angry at this game and their updates. I thought I would give a good review for this game when I first started playing, but this game has just seemed to get worse over the months.
- Gram Games Limited
- 294 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Gram Games 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Chest of Dragon Gems $19.99
- Pile of Dragon Gems $4.99
- 30 Day Dragon Gem Payout $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.