Merge Tables Wizard matches and merges data from two Excel worksheets in seconds. This smart tool is a user-friendly alternative to Excel Lookup/Vlookup functions. After 15 days the wizard will process tables with up to 50 rows. You can remove this limitation via In-App Purchases.
Microsoft Excel is required to use this app.
With this app you can:
• Compare and merge two Excel tables in 5 quick steps
• Use one or several key columns for comparison
• Update the existing columns in your main table
• Add non-matching columns to the end of your main list.
When you work with Merge Tables Wizard, you can choose the following options to get the expected results:
• Add the rows from the lookup table that are not present in your first table to the end
• Add or insert rows with duplicate key column values
• Update only empty and new cells in the main table
• Update the first table cells only if the corresponding cells from the lookup table contain data
• Add the Status column that will mark the changed rows as Updated, Duplicate, Matching, New row, etc.
• Automatically change the background color of the updated cells in your main list.
Merge Tables Wizard will help you each time you need to compare two Excel spreadsheets, find the updates or new records and pull them to your main table for further analysis.
ADDED: The description of how to authorize the app to control Microsoft Excel.
Ratings and Reviews
Worked for me - there is a slight twist to be aware of
The new version does not embed into the Microsoft EXCEL menu like before, but if you just open the app, it works off of your open spreadsheet and as far as I can tell, does exactly what it claims to do in terms of merging records easily. You do have to fiddle with some of the options in the last screens to figure out what is happening, so what I did was to just use a half-dozen records and test on a small scale. The thing I had to learn is if you just want to add columns of data without updating the prior information, you need to uncheck all of the update boxes in that second last screen.
Developer was also very responsive when I had questions.
Misses matches to merge - had to manually fix! Ugh!
I I thought this app would be a lifesaver for merging files based on single variables/points of data… however, after running the wizard multiple times, I found it was missing many if not all of the items to be merged. Had to manually go back and fix everything, which took forever. And when I tried to get help via their online chat, someone picked up the chat and then said they were on the phone with someone else. After 10 minutes… still on hold. Not a good experience, and definitely not worth paying for!
Not sure if it’s their recent update, but I just downloaded this after reading some bad reviews to try it out myself.
I have Excel 2016 installed on Mac, and this app works like a charm.
Probably saved me hours of frustrating work! Love it and purchased. A little expensive for a plug in, but it does the job.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.